myMain 1.5 - Now Integrated into unmenu

Major kudos to Joe L and bjp999 for all of their terrific work!

I've taken the liberty of augmenting bjp999's MySlot Worksheet with custom sheets for other generic server configurations. I hope these will save other users some effort.

The principle remains the same:

• Open the .xls file in Excel
  • Modify the worksheet that best suits your configuration
  • Do a screen capture with Window Snipping Tool or other utility
  • Save as MySlots.jpg
  • Copy to //TOWER/flash/unMenu/images

Horizontal_5x.jpgVertical_5-3.jpgVertical_4-3.jpgVertical_1x1.jpg

Download Here: MySlots Plus Worksheet.xls

Looks great!  Thanks lewcass.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much for the big improvement Brian and Joe L. It's indeed a huge WOW!

One "small?" request: do you think it would be possible to have the location of "smarthistory" configurable? Right now it is forced to be placed to /boot/smarthistory. I know where to modify this, but those file will get overwritten by every update.

I too occasionally (on reboot?) get a broken image; mainly the MyMain logo.   Exiting the screen and returning brings it back.

Kryspy

Kyyspy & dvd.collector

Yes the "log" is supposed to be there in the path to the images.  The "other" web-server, used to serve images, is apparently not yet active on a reboot when you first attempt to access myMain.

pressing "refresh" on the browser should fix it, as by then it should be active.

Joe L.

The log directory contains the syslog. When Tom added the ability to access the syslog via a URL, i thought he might have enabled access to the entire /var/log directory.  He probably never imagined that someone would create a symlink in there to their flash and use emhttp as an http image server!

But that's exactly the way myMain serves images!

I've a small problem with this. My server is set up to require a password. If I go straight to unMenu (tower 8080), then click mymain, I get the pop-up window asking for the password. I normally get this only when I log on the server main(tower). However, it won't accept the password. Pressing cancel a few times clears the window but the display is a bit flaky, with none of the mages showing. If I then go to the "normal" UnMenu screen and then back to MyMain, everything looks as it should and the password window does not re-appear. Also, I don't get the problem if I log onto "tower" first, and then log on to UnMenu.

Hope that makes sense.  

I've a small problem with this. My server is set up to require a password. If I go straight to unMenu (tower 8080), then click mymain, I get the pop-up window asking for the password. I normally get this only when I log on the server main(tower). However, it won't accept the password. Pressing cancel a few times clears the window but the display is a bit flaky, with none of the mages showing. If I then go to the "normal" UnMenu screen and then back to MyMain, everything looks as it should and the password window does not re-appear. Also, I don't get the problem if I log onto "tower" first, and then log on to UnMenu.

Hope that makes sense.  

It makes sense.  What version of unRAID are you running?  What browser?

(obviously neither bjp999 or I have a password)

For now log onto "tower" first...

Hope that makes sense.  

It makes sense.   What version of unRAID are you running?  What browser?

I did notice this briefly, but I 99.9% of the time log into the main unRAID WebUI first and then check unMenu and myMain.

Hope that makes sense.  

It makes sense.   What version of unRAID are you running?  What browser?

No probs. unRAID is 4.5.6.. Browser is IE8

I've taken the liberty of augmenting bjp999's MySlot Worksheet with custom sheets for other generic server configurations. I hope these will save other users some effort.

The principle remains the same:

• Open the .xls file in Excel
  • Modify the worksheet that best suits your configuration
  • Do a screen capture with Window Snipping Tool or other utility
  • Save as MySlots.jpg
  • Copy to //TOWER/flash/unMenu/images

I decided a little more enhancement of the MySlots.jpg templates might be nice. Obviously the possibilities are unlimited.

Horizontal_5x_ii.jpgVertical_5-3_ii.jpgVertical_4-3_ii.jpgVertical_1x1_ii.jpg

Download Here: MySlots Plus Worksheet.xls v1&2

[Edit: File now includes both versions. Download link is same in both posts.]

Hope that makes sense.  

Makes sense.  Joe L. and I are discussing how best to handle.  For now, I may have to ask that you use your workaround to enable the images.  But hopefully in the near future we'll have a solution.

Thanks!

I too occasionally (on reboot?) get a broken image; mainly the MyMain logo.   Exiting the screen and returning brings it back.

Kryspy

Kyyspy & dvd.collector

Yes the "log" is supposed to be there in the path to the images.   The "other" web-server, used to serve images, is apparently not yet active on a reboot when you first attempt to access myMain.

pressing "refresh" on the browser should fix it, as by then it should be active.

Joe L.

I've tried refreshing multiple times, as well as exiting the browser and going back in, and I still don't see the images.  If I copy/paste the image url to the browser it doesnt find it either.

Is there anything else I can check?

Hi Brian,

I noticed this tiny issue when I was removing a drive from the array.

I powered down unRAID, removed a drive, booted up again.

unRAID obviously booted up with stopped array with the missing disk, but myMain displayed my cache drive as 'new' (at least it was showing the new image).

Not a biggy, but I thought it's worth to mention.

Hope that makes sense.  

Makes sense.  Joe L. and I are discussing how best to handle.  For now, I may have to ask that you use your workaround to enable the images.  But hopefully in the near future we'll have a solution.

Thanks!

No problem at all. It's really a tiny thing that I can easily live with. Great piece of software by the way.

There is another tiny issue that you might like to know about and maybe it's me. The "manufacturer" for both my cache drive and flash drive shows as "Unknown" and if I edit the field, it just defaults back to "Unknown". It doesn't really bother me and please don't think I'm trying to find fault but I thought you might like to know.

Kryspy

Kyyspy & dvd.collector

Yes the "log" is supposed to be there in the path to the images.   The "other" web-server, used to serve images, is apparently not yet active on a reboot when you first attempt to access myMain.

Joe L.

I've tried refreshing multiple times, as well as exiting the browser and going back in, and I still don't see the images.  If I copy/paste the image url to the browser it doesnt find it either.

What version of unRAID are you using?  You must be using a recent version to see the images.  In addition, you must run the update process twice.  The first time it will download and install the new version of unmenu_install that can properly deal with the image subdirectory.  The second time you run it, it will download the images into their sub-directory.

Do you have a password on the "root" login.  If you do log onto the normal unRAID web-interface and supply the password.  The images will not display unless you have first logged in on the Stock unRAID Web-interface(if you have a root password)

Joe L.

Kryspy

Kyyspy & dvd.collector

Joe L.

What version of unRAID are you using?  You must be using a recent version to see the images.  In addition, you must run the update process twice.  The first time it will download and install the new version of unmenu_install that can properly deal with the image subdirectory.  The second time you run it, it will download the images into their sub-directory.

Do you have a password on the "root" login.  If you do log onto the normal unRAID web-interface and supply the password.   The images will not display unless you have first logged in on the Stock unRAID Web-interface(if you have a root password)

Joe L.

Hi Joe,

I'm using v4.4.2.  I did run the update more than once, as the first time i got an error regarding the local_conf file being in use.  Finally no, I dont have a password on root.

I can see the images are there in the images\stock folder which hopefully the screenshot attached shows.

flash.jpg.2916a47882ce0984dbbc9416257139c4.jpg

I'm using v4.4.2.  

Version 4.4.2 is roughly 30 versions old.   The ability to serve images we are taking advantage of was added in version 4.5-beta2.  (The version immediately after the one you are running)

If you are not running that old 4.4.2 version for a specific reason, you might want to consider upgrading.  It basically involves replacing two files on the flash drive and rebooting. (if you want the latest memory test program you can replace a third file too)

If you're stuck on the version you are because you are using bubbaRAID... sorry.    

bjp999 and I are evaluating an alternative method of serving the images that might work for you too.  I've dome some preliminary tests but it is not incorporated in any unMENU code yet.

Joe L.

No problem at all. It's really a tiny thing that I can easily live with. Great piece of software by the way.

There is another tiny issue that you might like to know about and maybe it's me. The "manufacturer" for both my cache drive and flash drive shows as "Unknown" and if I edit the field, it just defaults back to "Unknown". It doesn't really bother me and please don't think I'm trying to find fault but I thought you might like to know.

I've had the same issue. Editing those fields and hit save twice worked for me as a workaround.

... The "manufacturer" for both my cache drive and flash drive shows as "Unknown" and if I edit the field, it just defaults back to "Unknown".

Experienced this too, entering the manufacturer for my flash drive. First two times I tried the name returned to unknown, the third time (was a charm) the name I entered stuck. I don't think I did anything differently, but I might have.

I'm using v4.4.2.  

Version 4.4.2 is roughly 30 versions old.   The ability to serve images we are taking advantage of was added in version 4.5-beta2.  (The version immediately after the one you are running)

If you are not running that old 4.4.2 version for a specific reason, you might want to consider upgrading.  It basically involves replacing two files on the flash drive and rebooting. (if you want the latest memory test program you can replace a third file too)

If you're stuck on the version you are because you are using bubbaRAID... sorry.    

bjp999 and I are evaluating an alternative method of serving the images that might work for you too.  I've dome some preliminary tests but it is not incorporated in any unMENU code yet.

Joe L.

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply.

Actually the reason I'm still on 4.4.2. is that I can't see to get the shutdown script to work on any version past 4.4.2.  I think the issue is related to cache_dirs holding open a drive as from memory the message in the syslog is that a drive is still in use when trying to unmount.

I did post a question on this some time back, but i dont think you were able to solve the issue.

Never mind, I'll live with the missing images  :)

I've had the same issue. Editing those fields and hit save twice worked for me as a workaround.

Yup - that works for me too.

Never mind, I'll live with the missing images  :)

Are you running lightpd web server?  If yes, it would be pretty easy to get it to serve the images.

If not, Joe L. has come up with an amazingly light Web server.  I haven't tried it out yet, but will suggest that Joe L. send it to you as the guiney pig.  (Acutally Joe was his own guiney pig and he says it works beautifully.)  There is a value you can put in your local config file to change the image URL.  I am going to make that a setting on the myMain config screen so that MAC users that need to put in IP address and others, like you, that want to serve images via  lighttpd or Joe's Amazingly Light Image Server (JALIS ;)).  But until that, you can still add the line manually:

SetConstant(ImageHost,        "tower")

You should be able to add a port ...

SetConstant(ImageHost,        "tower:8088")

BTW, this (Joe's image server) might be the best approach to handle users that have a password.