Mysteriouskk

Unraid server not showing up on Windows 7 Network Places, but can access via UNC

29 posts in this topic

I've been having this problem on 4.7 for a while now.  Tried all of the listed things and no luck so far.

I've been having this problem on 4.7 for a while now.  Tried all of the listed things and no luck so far.

For unrAID to show to windows it must be in the same workgroup AND it must be discovered and subsequently advertised by the "master browser" on your LAN.

At the very least, to ensure the best results, enable the unAID server to be the master-browser.

Joe L.

Turned off IPv6 and it worked for one of the PC's.  I haven't rebooted the other one yet but I'll report back after I do.

i know this is old but thought id post this incase helps someone in future...i "reset" my windows 10 and couldnt access server via windows explorer checked everything and eventually realized my network had been set as public. so i changed to private and all good..

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.