How to change permissions

3 minutes ago, minhquan07 said:

I downloaded a file from NZBget and I am unable to edit, rename or delete it. How do and where do go to change this? Im new to unRAID any help would be appreciated! Thanks in Advance

If you have Fix Common Problems installed, then Tools - Docker Safe New Permissions

If you don't have it installed, then Tools - New Permissions, and make sure to only run it against the share that you're having trouble with

Going forward, use a UMASK value of 0 in nzbget's settings (Security, umask) (at least I've never had a problem with a setting of 0)

But, assuming that you have the far more common problem of Sonarr / Radarr etc have moved the file into place and then you can't do anything with it, within those apps you set (under show advanced settings) permissions on the moved / written files to be 0777

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
10 hours ago, acegutta22 said:

i think im having the same issue but im not following how to fix it

You would probably be better served if you figure out which Docker/plugin is writing the files with the wrong permissions.  Then post up in the support thread for that application and request assistance.