Whoa, where the parity errors come from?

TyantA

So this is a first. 

I got my first WD Red 4TB in and started the pre-clear process. So far, I have had to reboot my new testbed (of old parts) twice as it seems to have locked. The total elapsed time, etc. doesn't move. I started the process Friday night and it's still going, apparently hung again. The rest of unraid seems to be responsive. I have attached diagnostics as I run off to work. 

tower-diagnostics-20180103-0430.zip

Well after 3+ days it says the preclear finished. I have another drive showing up tomorrow... I'll use the script. Should I trust this preclear done via the plugin? The write speeds were horrendous, but I don't have a point of comparison, not having owned reds before. 

So... I tried using the script yesterday, ran into the "device is busy", which directed me to threads saying as of 6.2, the script isn't useful; use the plugin. Sigh. I wish I still had a copy of 6.1.9 kicking around for a testbed. Started the preclear with the most recent arrival and it got 6 hours in - stuck. Time for another reboot... 18 hours later when I noticed it. So much wasted time!