New Unraid Build locks up

ok4ayl

Hello I am built a new Intell I7-7700k With an ASRock z270 Extreme4 board and 16 gigs of ram to replace a Dead core2duo unraid Server my sister has been using.  I am having issue where when i get the system up and running and i start the raid for the first time the system locks up. this issue isnt always the same some time it takes hours some times minutes. Once the system Locks up it takes down the whole Network in the house and i have to do a hard shut off of the pc.  I know there is a way to get log files from the system but from what i read once you reboot the system the log files are gone.  

Just a Note i can boot Windows 10 on this system and run it for days with no issue. I have even ran a Burning Test on the memory, CPU and a system with out issue so far.

If there is a way to get the log files form a fresh restarted System let me know and i will work on getting them. 

Thank you for all the help.    

Install the 'Fix Common Problems' plugin and turn on the 'trouble shooting' mode.  This will write periodic diagnostics files to the logs directory/folder of the boot drive.  Post all of them up in a future post.  Also, you can connect up a monitor to the server and see if there is anything on the screen after the lockup.  If there is, take pictures until you get one that not blurred, out-of-focus or flash spot.  Post that up also.

Hello 

so i had a chance to try and boot up into safe mode but i keep getting a hpet_ACPI_ADD: No Address or IRQs in _CRS and the system stops booting. Attached is a Screen shot of what i am seeing.  Let me know what you guys think. Thank you for all the help.  I should also let you know i did disable the serial setting with in the bios and i am still get this error on boot in to safe mode. 

20171217_091045.jpg

Edited by ok4ayl

i was able to boot into safe mode.  but i had to make a few changes to get in.  after putting in the new usb Stick i was getting a Intel_pstate: Intel P-Sate Driver initializing and it would hang.  so i when i was looking in the BIos i found a IGPU Multi Monitor Setting that was disabled so i enabled it and it booted me into Safe mode in unraid.  attached is the setting i changed and the Error i was getting. 

20171217_100632.jpg

20171217_100640.jpg

20171217_100916.jpg