limetech

unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc15e available

same here with 2 win10 VM´s, since rc15 both are stable the intel gpu and nvidia one.

Before i had lots of Intel GPU VM lockups ... 

19 minutes ago, alturismo said:

same here with 2 win10 VM´s, since rc15 both are stable the intel gpu and nvidia one.

Before i had lots of Intel GPU VM lockups ... 

Not a typo above?  with -rc15 things are stable?

Some people are reporting VM issues starting with -rc15 (when we moved to 4.14 linux kernel).  FWIW, all our VM's are completely stable, no crashes, no unknown error messages (except @bonienl has a strange vmwrite error logged for some reason), that is to say: completely working. O.o

I experience the same as sarf reports here. VM's run fine, but libvirt hangs during shutdown of a VM. My system is an Asus Prime Pro x370 with Ryzen 1600x. Only seen after upgrade to kernel 4.14.

well, i have then to join @bonienl here.

starting up my windows 10 VM (with passthrough'ed NVIDIA GPU) also logged these vmwrite errors (Call Trace) three times in a row – but: the VM started without any visible or experienced error so far. it seems to be stable. hadn't got these errors before (so that's a RC15e thingie).

though, i haven't since then rebooted nor did i shut it down, so can't report if i would see these hangs then, which some experience.

Edited by s.Oliver

Adding my diagnostics to see if it helps with the VM issues.  I'm trying to stop/force stop 'Buzz' a W10 VM that I've shut down, but unRAID shows it as still running.  When I try to stop/force stop it throws up the error message:

Execution error: Failed to terminate process 15774 with SIGKILL: Device or resource busy

Opening the VM tab is also very unresponsive and slow to load.

highlander-diagnostics-20171212-1117.zip

2 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Opening the VM tab is also very unresponsive and slow to load.

can't say that, all unRAID UI is lightning fast here.