VM creation error

2 hours ago, jonp said:

Hi Photo,

Can you please include your system diagnostics?  These can be obtained from the Tools > Diagnostics page.  Also if you could edit your VM in XML Edit mode and copy / paste your XML here, that would be great.

2017-12-04 18:37:27.305+0000: 7020: info : libvirt version: 2.4.0
2017-12-04 18:37:27.305+0000: 7020: info : hostname: Tower
2017-12-04 18:37:27.305+0000: 7020: error : virDomainHostdevSubsysUSBDefParseXML:5722 : internal error: vendor cannot be 0.
2017-12-04 18:40:39.819+0000: 7021: error : virDomainHostdevSubsysUSBDefParseXML:5722 : internal error: vendor cannot be 0.
2017-12-04 18:40:46.445+0000: 7019: error : virDomainHostdevSubsysUSBDefParseXML:5722 : internal error: vendor cannot be 0.

is this fine ? Is it the file u are asking for here?

Edited by ThePhotraveller
I have included files wrongly here
36 minutes ago, jonp said:

I think the issue is the USB mouse you are trying to assign.  It has a vendor ID that starts with four zeros and libvirt apparently doesn't like that very much.  Please try using a different USB mouse and see if that works for you.

I have attached the complete files now.

disk.cfg

docker.cfg

domain.cfg

go

ident.cfg

network.cfg

super.dat

docker.txt

libvirt.txt

syslog.txt

no qemu log files

A---------------s.cfg

a-----a.cfg

B-------1.cfg

d-----s.cfg

i--s.cfg

s----m.cfg

Hitachi_HDS721032CLA362_JP1421HN1E3X8E-20171204-1141.txt

SanDisk_Cruzer_Blade_4C530001101009121592-0-0-20171204-1141.txt

cmdline.txt

df.txt

ethtool.txt

folders.txt

ifconfig.txt

iommu_groups.txt

lscpu.txt

lsmod.txt

lsof.txt

lspci.txt

lsscsi.txt

lsusb.txt

memory.txt

ps.txt

vars.txt

unRAID-6.3.5.txt

47 minutes ago, jonp said:

I was asking for the full diagnostics file, but as a quick test, can you try starting the VM with no USB devices assigned?

Woow great pal. Its working without the mouse and Keyboard attached :D Fantastic But is it the problem with this particular mouse or any mouse might bring me here ?
It is a brand new cheap intex mouse. I think its made in india? I dono. But that has made a pass after leaving the keyboard and mouse unchecked. 

1 hour ago, ThePhotraveller said:

Needed some added info here. Should i start that as a separate thread?
After installing ubuntu, The monitor is still in the Unraid not switching to the ubuntu OS. How do i change it? It is the only monitor attached to the device.

You need to pass through a GPU if you wish to see graphics appear on the monitor like that. Otherwise you can use VNC to connect to your VM(s).

12 hours ago, jonp said:

You need to pass through a GPU if you wish to see graphics appear on the monitor like that. Otherwise you can use VNC to connect to your VM(s).

thank u that helped. I ll search for a low grade graphic card to make that Happen. 
1.And for my i3 540 there are 4 cores 2 of them are the real ones i guess. How many cores should i allocate for NAS and how many for the VM? My NAS is the main usage of the PC here but with additional VMs can benefit to do some card copying stuff in the studio.
2. Also if I am copying a file in VM to the user shares created in NAS will they be sent through the network or copied directly to the Hard disc?

On 12/5/2017 at 8:21 AM, ThePhotraveller said:

The motherboard DH55TC and processor does have virtualization and Vt-d options and its been enabled too. 

So are you saying that pass through doesn't work as if how am i supposed to connect a monitor or its not gonna work out  Anyway? 

No use of VM in the machine? 

https://ark.intel.com/products/46473/Intel-Core-i3-540-Processor-4M-Cache-3_06-GHz

I do not see VT-d listed on that processor spec sheet, only VT-x.

https://ark.intel.com/products/42408/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH55TC

Here's your problem:

image.png

So your hardware does NOT support VT-d / IOMMU according to Intel's own spec sheets.  If you click "Info" on the webGui (in the top right), does it say IOMMU enabled or disabled?

2 minutes ago, jonp said:

https://ark.intel.com/products/46473/Intel-Core-i3-540-Processor-4M-Cache-3_06-GHz

I do not see VT-d listed on that processor spec sheet, only VT-x.

https://ark.intel.com/products/42408/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH55TC

Here's your problem:

image.png

So your hardware does NOT support VT-d / IOMMU according to Intel's own spec sheets.  If you click "Info" on the webGui (in the top right), does it say IOMMU enabled or disabled?

I think you are Right. It says IOMMU disabled :/ 
So its a no ? I can't run VM here ?

You can run a VM, but you cannot pass through any PCIe devices (including graphics cards) because your hardware doesn't support it.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:21 AM, ThePhotraveller said:

The motherboard DH55TC and processor does have virtualization and Vt-d options and its been enabled too. 

So are you saying that pass through doesn't work as if how am i supposed to connect a monitor or its not gonna work out  Anyway? 

No use of VM in the machine? 

I'm very interested to see a photo of the BIOS settings you reference here.  Very clearly in their product documentation it says there is no support for VT-d.  If it shows up on the motherboard BIOS settings though and you can enable it, it should work.

1 minute ago, jonp said:

You can run a VM, but you cannot pass through any PCIe devices (including graphics cards) because your hardware doesn't support it.

I'm very interested to see a photo of the BIOS settings you reference here.  Very clearly in their product documentation it says there is no support for VT-d.  If it shows up on the motherboard BIOS settings though and you can enable it, it should work.

May be I have mis-read VT-x as VT-d. My bad. 
Thanks a lot for checking pal. It really helped i should look for a better board now. :/  Thanks a lot.