DocBlock

802.1q VLAN support (trivial)

31 posts in this topic

I think we need to come up with a gaming/media-related usecase for this feature to be taken more seriously with this community..

Can we bring this back form the dead?  Any chance of getting more support for this?

Have you tried it?  I believe it was added back in 6.2.

I tried googling around.  This was the first thread, and I didn't see any explanations from lime tech on how it's done. This was all I could find. Is this actually documented somewhere?

I saw the Enable VLANs options under network settings but there wasn't a help pop up that gave additional information on how it works/what it does.

I saw the Enable VLANs options under network settings but there wasn't a help pop up that gave additional information on how it works/what it does.

Did you try toggling the GUI help to on?

Like I mentioned, there was not a help popup for "Enable VLANs"

Also see this pointers on Network changes and issues on the v6.2.0 release thread:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51874.msg497876#msg497876

Thanks but there's not much explanation of how VLANs were implemented and any guidance on using this feature. 

Also see this pointers on Network changes and issues on the v6.2.0 release thread:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51874.msg497876#msg497876

Thanks but there's not much explanation of how VLANs were implemented and any guidance on using this feature.

Have a look at these use cases

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.