Help: Powering down unRAID in the event of power outages

Pure

Hi

I need some help, I recently started using unRAID and I ran into problem and can't find a plugin to solve it.

Where I live we have frequent power outages, lasting for s few hours at a time and I have a UPS that keeps my system up for about 30 mins.

The issue I have is I'm not always at home to power my systems down if the power goes out.

I can't connect the UPS to the unRAID box, to make use of the UPS App to shut the systems down. [Old UPS with a com port, New box with no com port].

Is there a method (App, Docker, VM, script) that can monitor my network e.g. ping a raspberry pi that is not on a UPS, every couple of minutes and if it doesn't get a response it shuts the unRAID box down.

Your help is appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

IF the battery is still good, you could use the old UPS to power battery chargers during a long outage...

You can also plug network equipment into the old UPS as well - if the power is that bad, having some smoothing should help lengthen the lifespan of the modem, router and switches.