[Support] Djoss - MKVCleaver

Djoss

Its up and running now.

Time for the Shake Your Head Moment.  O.o

Using @CHBMB unRaid DVB plugin I worked my way backwards through all of the stock RC images, deleting the appdata along the way.  None of them worked until I hit RC11 at which point everything as far as I can tell worked perfectly.

At that point, I worked my way back up through the RCs testing (and deleting appdata along the way).  They all worked including RC15

So, for the hell of it I deleted the docker.img, recreated, reinstalled everything (deleting MKVCleaver's appdata) and it still worked.  

I know that my upgrade path originally was RC9f to RC12 so perhaps something changed very slightly in the image that caused these problems.  Either way, since I'm now at the point that its basically impossible for me to recreate the problems, I'm now at a standstill.  

Net result is that if anyone has the problem with just a black screen appearing, the solution is to delete the docker.img and reinstall the apps.

Edited by Squid
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2017 at 12:08 PM, Djoss said:

Happy to see the problem is not with the container :)

So basically, the issue you had was caused by upgrades between different rc versions.  People that will upgrade from 6.3.5 to the final 6.4 version should never have the issue.

So, the bad news is, that's a bad assumption. I never installed the rc versions and went straight from 6.3.5 to 6.4, and ended up having the black screen issue. The good news is, deleting the container and its appdata folder and reinstalling fixed it, so wiping out the docker.img wasn't required.

• 11 months later...

For the past few months I've had nothing but a black screen when trying to use this docker; I've just had no time to post to the forums. I have removed the container, removed the appdata folder and also deleted the docker.img file, but I still get a black screen after installing it again. I've never used any of the unraid RC versions.. I'm not too sure what else to try here.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:58 AM, puppdawgy said:

For the past few months I've had nothing but a black screen when trying to use this docker; I've just had no time to post to the forums. I have removed the container, removed the appdata folder and also deleted the docker.img file, but I still get a black screen after installing it again. I've never used any of the unraid RC versions.. I'm not too sure what else to try here.

Are you using the default container settings?  Do you have any errors in the container's log?

It's working file for me.

I'm using default settings, except for the storage location, which I changed to /mnt/.. however it does the same thing with the default storage location. There are no errors in the container logs that I can see. The container was working for me in the past, but then just stopped. If there is anything you want to look at, just let me know and I'll post it.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:26 AM, puppdawgy said:

I'm using default settings, except for the storage location, which I changed to /mnt/.. however it does the same thing with the default storage location. There are no errors in the container logs that I can see. The container was working for me in the past, but then just stopped. If there is anything you want to look at, just let me know and I'll post it.

So stopping the container, removing the appdata folder and re-starting it doesn't help?

6 hours ago, Djoss said:

So stopping the container, removing the appdata folder and re-starting it doesn't help?

Correct. I've even removed the container and removed the docker.img file. Since it's not giving anyone else any issues like this, I'll just start with a fresh unraid. I've been meaning to do that, just haven't had the time.. I've a feeling that will fix the issue I'm having.

• 4 years later...