Docker for USB ASIC BTC Mining

daze

Hi Guys,

I have created a simple Docker that compiles a special fork of cgminer (specifically for GekkoScience based USB sticks - 15GH/s), that'll run in unRAID. You just have to pass it the USB devices (which is easy to do), and then let them rip. No need for a Raspberry. Well, mine is flaky hence this solution. If you have a Raspberry, it's a dandy tool.

If anyone's interested, I can share the work. I was surprised nobody had done it before.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I have created a simple Docker that compiles a special fork of cgminer (specifically for GekkoScience based USB sticks - 15GH/s), that'll run in unRAID. You just have to pass it the USB devices (which is easy to do), and then let them rip. No need for a Raspberry. Well, mine is flaky hence this solution. If you have a Raspberry, it's a dandy tool.

If anyone's interested, I can share the work. I was surprised nobody had done it before.

Thanks.

Please share your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 11/28/2017 at 11:26 PM, DZMM said:

How much are you making roughly per stick? I'm new to mining and I want to give it a go.  I threw in 15gh/s into a calculator and it threw out pennies

I didn't buy them to make a profit; mostly as a fun toy. You'd be better off buying BTC, or if you're really into this -- get a miner that does mining in the TH/s range. Stating the obvious here.