daze

Docker for USB ASIC BTC Mining

Hi Guys,

I have created a simple Docker that compiles a special fork of cgminer (specifically for GekkoScience based USB sticks - 15GH/s), that'll run in unRAID. You just have to pass it the USB devices (which is easy to do), and then let them rip. No need for a Raspberry. Well, mine is flaky hence this solution. If you have a Raspberry, it's a dandy tool.

If anyone's interested, I can share the work. I was surprised nobody had done it before.

Thanks.

I'm curious - what do you mine with these USB sticks and roughly what's the monthly income per stick?  I'm tempted to buy one to have a mess around

Edited by DZMM

These sticks mine BTC, about $79 on eBay, $100 on Amazon. They're fun toys if you want to learn about how this cryptocurrency stuff works.

How much are you making roughly per stick? I'm new to mining and I want to give it a go.  I threw in 15gh/s into a calculator and it threw out pennies

Hi Guys,

I have created a simple Docker that compiles a special fork of cgminer (specifically for GekkoScience based USB sticks - 15GH/s), that'll run in unRAID. You just have to pass it the USB devices (which is easy to do), and then let them rip. No need for a Raspberry. Well, mine is flaky hence this solution. If you have a Raspberry, it's a dandy tool.

If anyone's interested, I can share the work. I was surprised nobody had done it before.

Thanks.

Please share your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk