Copy video files based on rating

dalben

There's enough Kodi/Plex users here, and developers, that this question might be worth a shot here.

I've been looking for a tool that will allow me to move files/directories based on the Kodi rating of the video.  Whether it's from within a tool or it can export a list of directories and then I can build a script around that.

Use case is I want to keep lower rated movies on a separate slower disk outside of my array.  It would still be accessible to Kodi which would see it as just another source that gets used very rarely

Does anyone know of any tool that can do this ?  Manually doing directory by directory will take way too long.

2 minutes ago, DZMM said:

I think cp and maybe radarr can include rating in the folder name.  Rename folders to put rating first and then move manually, or write a script should work.

Yes, that would work as long as Kodi didn’t reindeer and treat the new folder names as unwatched. I’ll have a play around with that. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kizer said:

Mind sharing your script or said content of your script? Just curious. :D

Yeah, I do mind. It’s so pathetic it doesn’t deserve airtime.

I just did search replace on the file of directories (which I cut and paste from excel) and added rsync to the start, then copied the same list of directories to the end of the line and did another search and replace to change the target directory.  Renamed .txt to.sh.  Crossed my fingers, closed my eyes and ran the script. 

Maybe be I should have tested it on a single movie directory first but it was more fun to do it on all 108 movies without testing.