nuhll

Best way to switch debian to unraid

Hi, whats best way to switch to unraid? Is there a combatibility mode so i can get the data from my raid to unraid?

Any options here? Posted this some while ago.

Can i somehow transfere the old files to unraid, without LAN/Internet Transfer?

You can mount drives using the Unassigned Devices plugin to copy data across to your array locally.

@nuhll, there would be no way to have Linux software RAID and unRaid array in use simultaneously. UnRaid modifies (some might say cannibalizes) the software RAID driver for its purposes.

You should be able to partition and format your unRaid array drives in unRaid, and mount them in debian. Copy the files over, and then move the unRaid disks (now containing all the data) into unRaid, add parity, and accomplish your goal.

Be aware that unRaid is extremely sensitive to the partitioning of its array drives. If you were to do it under debian you would need to understand the desired partitioning. If you got it wrong, the disks would not be recognized in unRaid and all that work would have been for naught. Recommend letting unRaid prepare the disks (xfs recommended).

Sorry missed the fact you mentioned raid.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Okay, thats too complicated for me... i just deleted 4 years off work and started new array ... :(