Issues with Mover from ssd cache on unraid

mickymac

Hi All,

It's my first time to unraid after having seen the benefits of it on linustechtips.  After building my configuration with 5x 7200rpm hard drives and adding a 250gb sandisk ssd as a cache drive, I've noticed that the Cache always appears to be totally full and that it doesn't seem to be releasing back to the main array as shown by the picture here:

image.thumb.png.bbd3d30cd5894e30710e9d01f919a6eb.png

Is this what the cache drive is meant to look like or is something broken on my installation? - Thinking that perhaps I may need to have it purge more frequently, I set the replication to occur hourly, but even this doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Hopefully someone may have some ideas because it's doing my head in :(

Edited by mickymac

Building off of what itimpi said, your shares have an option on them regarding the cache. It can be set to yes/no/only/prefer. If your shares are set to only (and maybe prefer I am not sure) then the mover will not move the files to the array. The setting you are probably looking for is just 'yes'. 

Thanks guys for the feedback.  Here's a screenshot of my share settings:

image.thumb.png.464cbbbdda48d95729a5dcdc823fce80.png

I might try adjusting this to Yes and see if this makes any difference :) - And yes, I'm aware of the failed drive, something my old NAS didn't pick up before I replaced it.  I've ordered another 2 drives to replace it which should be here tomorrow.