Automatically Download and Unzip files from put.io to your NAS

All,

I was trying to find a solution to download my files from put.io to my NAS automatically. I probably could have used the put.io program inside a docker to do it, but I don't know docker that well and am more used to creating scripts. This seems to be the easiest for me. 

There are two files you will need: put.sh and putiodl. I wrote the put.sh and got the putiodl online here https://gist.github.com/Neal/6017311

Ideally you will create a cron job to do this and that is totally up to you but if you don't just make sure these two files are in the same directory and just run the put.sh script.

If you are a newbie to Linux follow these steps to just get the script working (NOT A CRON JOB), if you are not ignore them.

1. Copy both files to your unRaid server. (I used /home)

2. Run the following command just to ensure the scripts are executable: chmod 700 putiodl, chmod 700 put.sh

3. Run the command: ./put.sh

As long as your add your oAuth token and your desired download directory prior to running the script everything should work just fine. If you have problems feel free to reply to this post and i will try to help you out to the best of my ability. I am not a pro, but know a decent amount, FYI