HPE ProLiant ML10 Gen9

Make sure that you have created the flash drive correctly.

Things to check

1. flash should be in a fat format

2. should be labelled as UNRAID

3. there is a file on the flash which is called make flash bootable. There is a version for windows, osx and linux.

Run the version from the os you are looking at the flash drive from to make drive bootable and then try and boot again.

Thanks for the replies-

1-   I do not get errors and have checked the BIOS. What happens is it starts and goes to "shell" with a cursor. I have checked the BIOS. One thing I noticed is that the make bootable in EFI doesn't make a difference. It still goes to shell. I wonder if the server "can" boot with UEFI, and is that the same as EFI. OI tried a legacy format and that did not help either. I saw a post (somewhere) about graphics cards causing issues, but can't find it now and wonder if that may be an issue.

2-   The drive is FAT, is labled as UNRAID, and I used the "make flash bootable" option, and I am pretty sure it took.

If you know the location of that "graghics" post, let me know.

Thanks-

Have tried setting the HP to use a legacy boot option?    It sounds as if it is trying to do an EFI boot.  On releases prior to 6.4 only legacy boot options worked.

EFI booting is a new feature in the 6.4 release, but if I remember correctly to get that working you need to rename a folder on the USB stick (I think it is called ‘_EFI’ to simply be ‘EFI’

16 hours ago, itimpi said:

Have tried setting the HP to use a legacy boot option?    It sounds as if it is trying to do an EFI boot.  On releases prior to 6.4 only legacy boot options worked.

EFI booting is a new feature in the 6.4 release, but if I remember correctly to get that working you need to rename a folder on the USB stick (I think it is called ‘_EFI’ to simply be ‘EFI’

The make_bootable script which comes with unRAID 6.4 will ask whether EFI is permitted or not, no need to change manually.

If you’ve been trying the latest on the download page, that’s 6.3.x, non efi iirc.

Download 6.2.4. i don’t have any gen 9’s but have 6/7 and no issues (non-efi)

Make sure legacy boot boot is enabled in the bios.

If you cant boot it off 6.2.4, I’m inclined to think the drive isn’t prepared properly. Others have run unRaid in gen 8/9.

• 1 month later...