Plex has playback error

kthorpe88

Just now, Squid said:

Most common cause is unclean shutdowns / power cuts without UPS and the like

Well that's what I get for taking the UPS out cause the batteries where bad.

I guess I need to finally buy that UPS on my wish list!

Still wait for the other guy to chime in before replacing that ssd and starting all over? I'm guessing its shot or on its way out?

2 hours ago, tdallen said:

If you only have a single cache device, live in an area which is prone to power outages, and don't have a working UPS you should consider formatting your cache drive with XFS - it is more stable in those situations.

It was mostly me just shutting it down wrong, and not thinking/caring what happened. But now I have learned that I need to follow the directions. At Least I didn't lose any data. 

I only use unraid as for plex, I do store some files on the unraid too. So would it matter much if I did switch it to XFS?

8 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

When there's serious corruption with btrfs best bet it to reformat instead of trying to fix it, you can use the replace cache procedure, just format instead of replace:

Sounds good, I will give that a try tonight and report back.

3 hours ago, kthorpe88 said:

So would it matter much if I did switch it to XFS?

XFS is a more stable file system for situations where you can loose power suddenly.  The main reason to use BTRFS for the cache drive is if you want it to be part of a cache pool.  If you don't have a cache pool, and you do have power outages (without a UPS) then you'd be better off with XFS on your cache drive.  If you'd like to stay with BTRFS then I'd definitely get a UPS and be careful about controlled shutdowns.

7 hours ago, tdallen said:

XFS is a more stable file system for situations where you can loose power suddenly.  The main reason to use BTRFS for the cache drive is if you want it to be part of a cache pool.  If you don't have a cache pool, and you do have power outages (without a UPS) then you'd be better off with XFS on your cache drive.  If you'd like to stay with BTRFS then I'd definitely get a UPS and be careful about controlled shutdowns.

On 11/9/2017 at 8:20 PM, Squid said:

I never said the SSD needed to be replaced.  Outside of 19 Unclean shutdowns on it (out of a total of 48), it looks OK for what little it lists in the SMART attributes

19 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

When there's serious corruption with btrfs best bet it to reformat instead of trying to fix it, you can use the replace cache procedure, just format instead of replace:

Thanks for all the help guys, followed the steps for the cache upgrade and formatted it xfs. Everything is up and running again!

Edited by kthorpe88