Need help removing drive from existing array (solved)

Well,

i just closed my other post since i found out everything is working if i put the drive back into the array. So here is a sum up of my problem:

1. I had 3 4TB-HDDs full of content that i wanted to use on my unRaid server and 1 USB3-4TB-HDD without any content
  2. I started unRaid with the USB3-4TB-HDD as the single drive in the array, no parity and no cache.
  3. created user shares for the files i wanted to copy (spanning all drives in the array)
  4. i moved all my files from the 1st 4TB-HDD onto the array drive
  5. stopped my array, included the 4TB-HDD as second array drive and formated it.
  6. moved the contents of the 2nd 4TB-HDD to the array
  7. ...did that circle for all my drives
  8. now i have a huge array, consisting of 4 drives, the HDDs and the USB3-HDD, whereas the USB3-HDD is drive 1 in the array and seems to contain not only the media shares but also the isos and system shares :/

What i want to do is:

• stop the array, remove the USB3-HDD from the array, restart the array, move all the files from the USB-HDD to the array, live happily ever after

But it looks like if i just remove the drive all my shares and Dockers are gone. (see: 

)

I would love to get some help on how to pull this off ;)

Edited by Random.Name

Since you said you have no parity, it should be simple and quick to just go to Tools - New Config and assign whatever disks you want to the array. You can copy files from the USB-HDD to the other disks before or after you New Config. If you do it after then you will need to use the Unassigned Devices plugin to mount the USB-HDD outside the array.

As for the user shares, they are just the aggregate of the top level folders on cache and array disks. So whether you create the shares or not, they will exist if the top level folders exist.

You must not mix user shares and disks when copying/moving or you can lose data. I always ssh and use mc (Midnight Commander) to move/copy between disks.