[SUPPORT] malvarez00 - UniFi-Video

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2017 at 10:29 PM, greg_gorrell said:

I keep having issues trying to get the live feed.  When I open the live feed, ill catch the first couple frames and then an error message pops up saying it is unable to load stream and to make sure port 7446 is open on the NVR.  I don't understand what could be causing this, obviously some type of SSL issue.

Are you using Chrome? That is the browser that UNBT recommends.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello!

I'm having issues getting unifi-video to start. I got the service started initially, got my cameras configured, etc. My issue is that when I stop/start the array or reboot, the service starts fine, but unifi-video gets stuck on starting the Database service. I checked the service log and I see a lot of 

(unifi-video) checking for system.properties and truststore files...

Sometimes restarting the service fixes this, but currently it's not helping.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue. It was working nicely and then it said there was an update which got it stuck as the update port isn't definable (7441?). So I reloaded the docker and then had endless problems as system.properties was missing and I'm guessing a simple typo has the wrong name system.propetties for recovery. Now I get stuck as above.

I would but things have changed. Now I can login but the camera shows as "disconnected" and reports firmware not supported. Firmware v4.8.40 which is the camera? Docker is 3.9.11? I can not login to the camera so perhaps I will restart it when I next visit the site!

• 6 months later...

Clean setup, it starts and then stuck at "Starting Controller Services" "Database Service"

This is server.log content which is repeated as long as docker is running

1571762254.798 2019-10-22 18:37:34.798/CEST: INFO   MongoDb version: 2.6.10
2019-10-22T16:37:34.795+0000 git version: nogitversion
2019-10-22T16:37:34.795+0000 OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016
 - not using --noprealloc in mongodb
1571762254.798 2019-10-22 18:37:34.798/CEST: INFO   [MongoDb Server] MongoDb server starting, dbdir=/usr/lib/unifi-video/data/db, port=7441 in mongodb
1571762254.802 2019-10-22 18:37:34.802/CEST: INFO   MongoDB server started, acquiring client connection in ApplicationEvtBus-0
1571762257.634 2019-10-22 18:37:37.634/CEST: INFO   mongod has quit with rc: 45 in mongodb
1571762257.635 2019-10-22 18:37:37.635/CEST: INFO   MongoDb server stopped in mongodb

Hey @malvarez00

So, I installed this docker and managed to get it up and running. My only problem with it is that the default data-path is "/mnt/cache/appdata/UniFi-Video/datapath" which is where the videos are recorded to. My problem is that I do not have a cache drive so I'm not really sure where the data is being saved nor if it won't be erased after a server reboot. Could you clarify that for me?

If you do not have a cache drive then /mnt/cache will be in RAM and thus will not survive a reboot (assuming you do not first get problems with running out of RAM)..   You probably want the path to be /mnt/user based to have it compatible with not having a cache drive.    If the appdata share is also set to Use cache=Prefer (which is the default for the appdata share) then the docker will be  using the cache if you have one (or later add one), but will use the array otherwise).   

• 2 months later...

Anyone still monitoring this thread?  I upgraded to an SSD for my cache drive and migrated all Dockers over, my only issue occurring with this one.  When booting, It was hanging on "Starting Database Services" screen, now it only loads up to screen "Error Starting Software Update Service, Read Operation to Server 127.0.0.1:7441 failed on database av."  I assumed there was an issue with port 7441 so I added that, and still no luck.  If this was a normal unifi NVR I could SSH in and run some commands to manually update the database.  Unfortunately I am not familiar with Docker to get these same commands to run.  Any suggestions without wiping and starting fresh?

Below is most relevant info I can find in the logs:

1580054336.913 2020-01-26 10:58:56.913/EST: ERROR  Error starting service: Read operation to server 127.0.0.1:7441 failed on database av in main
com.mongodb.MongoException$Network: Read operation to server 127.0.0.1:7441 failed on database av
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.innerCall(DBTCPConnector.java:302) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.call(DBTCPConnector.java:273) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCollectionImpl.find(DBCollectionImpl.java:84) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCollectionImpl.find(DBCollectionImpl.java:66) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCursor._check(DBCursor.java:498) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCursor._hasNext(DBCursor.java:621) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCursor._fill(DBCursor.java:726) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCursor.toArray(DBCursor.java:763) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at org.mongojack.DBCursor.toArray(DBCursor.java:404) ~[mongojack-2.5.1.jar:?]
        at org.mongojack.DBCursor.toArray(DBCursor.java:389) ~[mongojack-2.5.1.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.common.super.new.D.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.common.super.new.D.new(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.data.AbstractManager.findAll(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.OoOO.A.Ö00000(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.update.UpdateService.new.super(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.update.UpdateService.Ó00000(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.D.Ò00000(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.D.Ó00000(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.o00000(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.start(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:243) [commons-daemon-1.0.15.jar:1.0.15]
Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidFormatException: Can not construct instance of com.ubnt.airvision.data.Camera$Platform from String value 'GEN4L': value not one of declared Enum instance names: [GEN1, GEN2, GEN3L, GEN3LM, AIRVISION, AIRCAM, UVC]

Edited by greg_gorrell
  • 1 year later...
On 1/27/2020 at 2:33 AM, greg_gorrell said:

Anyone still monitoring this thread?  I upgraded to an SSD for my cache drive and migrated all Dockers over, my only issue occurring with this one.  When booting, It was hanging on "Starting Database Services" screen, now it only loads up to screen "Error Starting Software Update Service, Read Operation to Server 127.0.0.1:7441 failed on database av."  I assumed there was an issue with port 7441 so I added that, and still no luck.  If this was a normal unifi NVR I could SSH in and run some commands to manually update the database.  Unfortunately I am not familiar with Docker to get these same commands to run.  Any suggestions without wiping and starting fresh?

Below is most relevant info I can find in the logs:

1580054336.913 2020-01-26 10:58:56.913/EST: ERROR  Error starting service: Read operation to server 127.0.0.1:7441 failed on database av in main
com.mongodb.MongoException$Network: Read operation to server 127.0.0.1:7441 failed on database av
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.innerCall(DBTCPConnector.java:302) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.call(DBTCPConnector.java:273) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCollectionImpl.find(DBCollectionImpl.java:84) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCollectionImpl.find(DBCollectionImpl.java:66) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCursor._check(DBCursor.java:498) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCursor._hasNext(DBCursor.java:621) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCursor._fill(DBCursor.java:726) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at com.mongodb.DBCursor.toArray(DBCursor.java:763) ~[mongo-java-driver-2.13.2.jar:?]
        at org.mongojack.DBCursor.toArray(DBCursor.java:404) ~[mongojack-2.5.1.jar:?]
        at org.mongojack.DBCursor.toArray(DBCursor.java:389) ~[mongojack-2.5.1.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.data.AbstractManager.findAll(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.OoOO.A.Ö00000(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.update.UpdateService.new.super(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.update.UpdateService.Ó00000(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.D.Ò00000(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.service.D.Ó00000(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.o00000(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]
        at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.start(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:243) [commons-daemon-1.0.15.jar:1.0.15]
Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidFormatException: Can not construct instance of com.ubnt.airvision.data.Camera$Platform from String value 'GEN4L': value not one of declared Enum instance names: [GEN1, GEN2, GEN3L, GEN3LM, AIRVISION, AIRCAM, UVC]

dunno if this helps at all but the unifi video is no longer for ubiquiti they are forcing people only unifi-protect by the looks

https://community.ui.com/questions/UniFi-Video-Products-End-of-Life-Announcement/dc529d39-0e58-43cc-96f0-8f0eed0d002c