[Support] Calibre Web

Application Name: Calibre Web

Application Site: https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-web

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/technosoft2000/calibre-web/

Github: https://github.com/Technosoft2000/docker-calibre-web

Template-Repository: https://github.com/fanningert/unraid-docker-templates

Description: Calibre Web is a web app providing a clean interface for browsing, reading and downloading eBooks using an existing Calibre database.

Requirements:

• You need a existent Calibre database. A really good video, how you install and configure a calibre docker container is made by @gridrunner -> Thread link

Configuration at first launch:

1. Point your browser to http://hostname:<HTTP PORT> e.g. http://hostname:8083
  2. Set Location of your Calibre books folder to the path of the folder where you mounted your Calibre folder in the container, which is by default \books. So enter at the field Location of Calibre database the mapped volume \books.
  3. Hit Submit then Login.
    Default admin login:
    Username: admin
    Password: admin123

After successful login change the default password and set the email adress.

To access the OPDS catalog feed, point your Ebook Reader to http://hostname:<HTTP PORT>/opds

On the original page https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-web/ you can find some example for reverse proxy settings and other configuration informations.

Reverse Proxy with caddy (example):

server {
  errors syslog
  timeouts none

proxy /calibre http://[server]:[port] {
    transparent
    header_upstream X-SCRIPT-NAME /calibre
    header_upstream X-SCHEME https   # Only when protocol is different
  }
}

Edited by fanningert
On 30.10.2017 at 8:44 AM, CHBMB said:

We have a Calibre Web container. Did you not find it in CA?

Wondering now if I remembered to do a support thread.

:)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Sorry I don't find or see your calibre web container in the CA. I find only the COPS package of LINUXSERVER and Calibre client container.

• 2 months later...

***Disregard, i fixed it by enabling download for the guest account****

@Fanningert

Thanks for this calibre docker. Love the Modern UI. I'm using Marvin 3 on iOS and I'm getting an error when i try to download a book. I configured marvin with opds and tried with and without credentials. 

I can browse the library and view the metadata. The issue downloading the epub. 

Error: The username and password you entered for this catalog are incorrect  or Marvin dos not the support the catalog's authentication method. 

Edited by dvdgorila
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My container has suspiciously stopped responding to requests.  It's worked in the past, and I don't believe I've changed anything that would affect the ability of it to respond.

Last logs:

> Output is: 777 calibre 100 calibre 99
> Permissions: 777
> Assigned group: calibre
> Assigned group ID: 100
> Assigned owner: calibre
> Assigned owner ID: 99
> Using permissions for checks: 0777
> Everyone has write access at /books
[INFO] The mapped volume for /books contains a Calibre database file 'metadata.db' which will be used
[INFO] kindlegen (Amazon Kindle Generator) will be linked into /calibre-web/app/vendor
[INFO] Creating the vendor directory: /calibre-web/app/vendor
[INFO] Change the ownership of /calibre-web/app/vendor (including subfolders) to calibre:calibre
> create kindlegen link /calibre-web/app/vendor/kindlegen assigned to source /calibre-web/kindlegen/kindlegen
[INFO] Creating directory for temporary directories and files: /tmp
[INFO] Change the ownership of /tmp (including subfolders) to calibre:calibre
[INFO] Launching Calibre-Web ...

Edited by hkyCoach
1 hour ago, hkyCoach said:

My container has suspiciously stopped responding to requests.  It's worked in the past, and I don't believe I've changed anything that would affect the ability of it to respond.

Last logs:

> Output is: 777 calibre 100 calibre 99
> Permissions: 777
> Assigned group: calibre
> Assigned group ID: 100
> Assigned owner: calibre
> Assigned owner ID: 99
> Using permissions for checks: 0777
> Everyone has write access at /books
[INFO] The mapped volume for /books contains a Calibre database file 'metadata.db' which will be used
[INFO] kindlegen (Amazon Kindle Generator) will be linked into /calibre-web/app/vendor
[INFO] Change the ownership of /calibre-web/app/vendor (including subfolders) to calibre:calibre
> create kindlegen link /calibre-web/app/vendor/kindlegen assigned to source /calibre-web/kindlegen/kindlegen

Same problem.  I was about to start investigating as my family told me over the weekend it had stopped working

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 1:25 AM, DZMM said:

Same problem.  I was about to start investigating as my family told me over the weekend it had stopped working

Have you had any luck getting yours working again?  I'm still getting rejections from it...

Edit Ok, working now, had to completely remove the container and re-add, configure it again.

Edited by hkyCoach
4 hours ago, hkyCoach said:

Have you had any luck getting yours working again?  I'm still getting rejections from it...

Edit Ok, working now, had to completely remove the container and re-add, configure it again.

I haven't had a crack at it yet - I'll try the same this week

• 1 year later...
I can't seem to get LL to connect to my SABnzbd install on my unRaid server.  Sonarr and Radarr and others have no problem.  I "save" my config in LL before testing, but nothing that I do manages to actually get LL to connect to SAB.  

Any ideas?  Thanks!
What's that got to do with Calibre-web?

You've mentioned several different containers, none of which are related to this support thread.....

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I installed Calibre-Web without any errors.

Unfortunatly it doesn't work.

It seems that the webserver didn't start.

Here's the log. Perhaps someone have a hint for me.

2021-10-21 14:42:16 (7.02 MB/s) - '/calibre-web/kindlegen/kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2_9.tar.gz' saved [10813137/10813137]

[INFO] Extracting kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2_9.tar.gz into directory: /calibre-web/kindlegen
[INFO] Change the ownership of /calibre-web/kindlegen (including subfolders) to calibre:calibre
> change the ownership of /calibre-web/app/vendor/kindlegen to calibre:calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/calibre-web/app/cps.py", line 37, in <module>
from cps.gdrive import gdrive
File "/calibre-web/app/cps/gdrive.py", line 119, in <module>
@csrf.exempt
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'exempt'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Fails to install.  

Note the import error.  

ImportError: cannot import name 'CronTrigger' from 'cps.services.background_scheduler' (/calibre-web/app/cps/services/background_scheduler.py)

Am I missing something.  Running Unraid 6.11.5.

Thanks

2023-01-18 16:49:12 (5.82 MB/s) - '/calibre-web/kindlegen/kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2_9.tar.gz' saved [10813137/10813137]

File "/calibre-web/app/cps.py", line 31, in <module>
    main()
  File "/calibre-web/app/cps/main.py", line 26, in main
    app = create_app()
  File "/calibre-web/app/cps/__init__.py", line 172, in create_app
    from .schedule import register_scheduled_tasks, register_startup_tasks
  File "/calibre-web/app/cps/schedule.py", line 22, in <module>
    from .services.background_scheduler import BackgroundScheduler, CronTrigger, use_APScheduler
ImportError: cannot import name 'CronTrigger' from 'cps.services.background_scheduler' (/calibre-web/app/cps/services/background_scheduler.py)
[INFO] Extracting kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2_9.tar.gz into directory: /calibre-web/kindlegen
[INFO] Change the ownership of /calibre-web/kindlegen (including subfolders) to calibre:calibre

Edited by Ron Haley

I have the same problem, this is my log, someone can help me? thank you

================================================================================

2023-01-26 07:41:49 (4.88 MB/s) - '/calibre-web/kindlegen/kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2_9.tar.gz' saved [10813137/10813137]

main()
    app = create_app()
  File "/calibre-web/app/cps/__init__.py", line 175, in create_app
    from .services.background_scheduler import BackgroundScheduler, CronTrigger, use_APScheduler

On 1/26/2023 at 7:17 PM, MarioB said:

I have the same problem, this is my log, someone can help me? thank you

================================================================================

2023-01-26 07:41:49 (4.88 MB/s) - '/calibre-web/kindlegen/kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2_9.tar.gz' saved [10813137/10813137]

main()
    app = create_app()
  File "/calibre-web/app/cps/__init__.py", line 175, in create_app

Same with me.

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see at the github site (https://github.com/Technosoft2000/docker-calibre-web), this docker is no longer supported. As a result I (also) found, that it doesn't connect any more with the latest Calibre Docker release.

However instead of the Technosoft2000 CalibreWeb docker from the Unraid App store, you should install the other docker Calibre-Web also in the Unraid Apps. Note the different icon as well as different spelling of the docker name

The new docker is maintained here: https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-web

There is a quickstart guide at the github page also... I just installed it and Calibre works now with no problems.

Hope that helps.