[SUPPORT] malvarez00 - MotionEye

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 8:06 AM, Stuke00 said:

I have this installed and setup for my camera.  I have "continuously record" enabled but nothing gets recorded.  Is there something I am missing?

I'm having the same issue.  The camera seems to work, and I've got it set to record when motion is detected.  I get email notifications regarding motion, but nothing is saved to disk or included in the email.

When I look at the config file it appears to have many locations to store various things (like logs), that should be stored in APPDATA but they aren't.  Is this container completely functioning?

Mike

• 1 month later...

Dragon the movie format change fixed the recording issue for me.

anyone able to get this to run under a reverse proxy? Without a base url setting it just gives me an error when viewing over remote proxy.

edit// I got it to work. I was missing two back slashes.

Edited by munit85
On 1/5/2018 at 8:23 PM, rukiddin said:

I'm having the same issue.  The camera seems to work, and I've got it set to record when motion is detected.  I get email notifications regarding motion, but nothing is saved to disk or included in the email.

When I look at the config file it appears to have many locations to store various things (like logs), that should be stored in APPDATA but they aren't.  Is this container completely functioning?

Mike

I'll check all that. I know that the MotionEye Developer is working on a new version. I'll check the recording issue from the docker stand point.

On 1/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, nuhll said:

For me this is also not recording, everything else works.

Sad, if you dont update it anymore, just remove it, so ppl wont waste their time.. :/

I have it like this for recording: MovieFormat: H.264 (.MP4)

Something broke when upgraded to 0.38. I am working on the solution from my end.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, mostlydave said:

I can install the container, but I only have Preferences and General Settings in the configuration tab, any idea why I'm missing the rest of the config options?

Try adding a camera.  I have a vague recollection that a lot of the options don't show up until there's at least one camera/device added.

Is anyone else having any success with getting the motion detection to work reliably?  I get lots of notifications of motion, but there is rarely anything in the images that are sent to me.

Also, when I deliberately stand in front of the camera and move around, I almost never get anything.

thanks

Mike

Seems like the image clip needs to back up a bit before sending the image.

I didn't want to choke my cellular by sending so many false positives..

Also, has anyone found a way to eliminate light effect?  The biggest movement I get is when a car drives by and it's headlights light up my front door area (the light is the only movement).

Causes false triggers all night long.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

My timestamp is off by 7 hours.  I've confirmed that the time and date are correct on the UnRaid server.  Also when MotionEye is configured it showed the correct timezone of "America/Los_Angeles" as shown in the edit docker output:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="MotionEye" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8765:8765/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/MotionEye/config":"/etc/motioneye":rw -v "/mnt/user/IP_Cameras/MotionEye":"/var/lib/motioneye":rw malvarez00/docker-motioneye

I just updated to the latest and tried editing the motioneye.conf with the following to see if I can correct the timestamp:

# path to the localtime file
# (enable this to configure the system time zone from the UI)
local_time_file /etc/localtime

# enables shutdown and rebooting after changing system settings
# (such as wifi settings or time zone)
enable_reboot true

It fails to start at all and the log shows this:

INFO: server started
/bin/sh: 1: lsb_release: not found
INFO: hello! this is motionEye server 0.39
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/meyectl", line 11, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/meyectl.py", line 255, in main
server.main(arg_parser, sys.argv[2:], command[:-6])
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/server.py", line 437, in main

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/server.py", line 362, in run
make_media_folders()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/server.py", line 296, in make_media_folders
config.get_main() # just to have main config already loaded
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/config.py", line 185, in get_main
_get_additional_config(main_config)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/config.py", line 2109, in _get_additional_config
(sections, configs) = get_additional_structure(camera=bool(camera_id))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/config.py", line 2080, in get_additional_structure
result = func()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/motioneye/tzctl.py", line 126, in timeZone
import pytz
ImportError: No module named pytz

• 2 weeks later...

Anything new on the timestamp problem?

Also, I can't seem to get Motion's built-in streaming URL to work. I can access the webui for the docker just fine from the unRAID docker list, but if I try the "streaming URL", regardless of port choice, I get a blank webpage. Can this work on unRAID?

Edited by ksignorini