X299 Gpu Passthrough issue?

trni8ed

I currently have an x299 platform machine with two 1080 ti's and a GT 1030, I'm unable to pass through the gtx 1080 ti through the primary gpu slot, so I purchased a GT 1030 in the last pcie slot of my system I have a custom watercooling loop and cannot change the order o the gpu's and was wondering if there is a way for when unraid boots up to change the gpu it boots off of to be my GT 1030 so I can pass through both my 1080 ti's. I've tried the bios dumping and trying that out but no avail I've tried everything if anyone could give some insight I would appreciate it!

latest version of unraid installed 

Asus strix X299

EVGA 1080 TI

EVGA 1080 TI

EVGA GT 1030

Core i9 7900x

32GB G skill ram

Corsair Axi1200W

512gb Nvme SSD

2 x WD 4tb black drives

Hi -

Speaking from experience, one of the very few boards that allow you to select which GPU to boot from are the Gigabyte boards. I had one on the x99 platform and it could do this but I ran in to issues with nvme passthrough. AFAIK there is no way to force UNRAID to boot from a specific GPU unless the BIOS has this feature. Alternatively, use the 1030 in the 1st PCIe x16 slot.

Edited by mikeyosm
  • 1 month later...

Just pass through primary card.  That's what i do.  I also have 2 1080ti's

Edit should add that i only have two 1080ti's installed in my machine.  Have been ruining unraid headless for around a year now without any problems.  Originally had a 1080. 

Also install 6.4 if you haven't already.  Much better performance in x299 systems.

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/41951-gpu-passthrough-with-only-one-card/

Edited by heratic