migrating to new cache drive, but docker img didn't get moved

I am following this guide to put a larger cache drive in - https://wiki.lime-technology.com/Replace_A_Cache_Drive

the top part of guide for 6.2 or above.

All of my files are moved but docker.img is remaining on the cache.  I assume i can copy it myself and just replace it manually later, or from the below thread it is rebuilt quite easily?  Also does it benefit me to have docker.img on a ssd cache drive? 

I am switching from a 250mb ssd to a 2tb 5400 ( rpm older drive for my cache because i constantly run out of space on my ssd doing large transfers to the network.  How much of a difference in responsiveness and speed of docker programs will it make using an ssd vs a standard drive - here are my preclear stats of about 83 MB/s average.

Ran 1 cycles.
Last Cycle`s Pre-Read Time: 6:41:24 @ 83 MB/s.
Last Cycle`s Zeroing Time: 6:35:55 @ 84 MB/s.
Last Cycle`s Post-Read Time: 6:40:23 @ 83 MB/s.
Last Cycle`s Elapsed TIme: 19:57:48
Disk Start Temperature: 29 C
Disk Current Temperature: 41 C

S.M.A.R.T. Report
ATTRIBUTE INITIAL CYCLE 1 STATUS
5-Reallocated_Sector_Ct 0 0 -
9-Power_On_Hours 47048 47068 Up 20
194-Temperature_Celsius 29 41 Up 12
196-Reallocated_Event_Count 0 0 -
197-Current_Pending_Sector 0 0 -
198-Offline_Uncorrectable 0 0 -
199-UDMA_CRC_Error_Count 0 0 -
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

Assuming you actually stopped the entire docker service per the instructions.

If the docker.img is stored within the system share, then you also have to set that share to be use cache yes to move it.

If the docker.img is stored within the root of the cache drive (many older installations are like this before the system share was introduced), then it will not get moved by mover

Either way, its a minor thing.  You can copy it yourself, or simply reinstall the apps via CA's previous apps tab.  No template adjustments are required.  Personally, I'd reinstall - painless operation, and you might as well take advantage of the situation to basically clean out the docker.img anyways of the excess that updates, etc tend to leave behind.

50 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

How much of a difference in responsiveness and speed of docker programs will it make using an ssd vs a standard drive

Depends upon what apps are installed.  Most things (downloaders, indexers, and the like)  you probably won't notice a huge difference in actual operation of the apps, but startup time will definitely be impacted.  Apps which store and regularly access data files on the cache drive (like Plex) you will probably notice a difference in navigating around the media.

THanks squid,  I have nzbget, sabnzbd, sickrage,sonarr, plex, starbound server,minecraft server and deluge.  

I have a 1tb ssd that i could switch over to the task, but i have to go through the data on it (old windows install) and make sure not deleting anything critical.  Was unaware of previous apps tab, will look for that and give it a try.  It should keep all my old appdata right?  also what size do you recommend for a docker img? my old one was 21 gigs

1 hour ago, FrozenGamer said:

Was unaware of previous apps tab, will look for that and give it a try

Apps tab, previous apps section.

It should keep all my old appdata right? 

So long as you followed the wiki, or alternatively the Appdata Backup / Restore plugin to handle things.

my old one was 21 gigs

If you need more, you've got things configured wrong.