New to unraid. Plex and Cache

Donnyp

I've already setup unraid 6 and have my array running.

I have recently installed a m.2 sata drive I want to use for my cache. It's a 250gb Samsung evo 960. Unraid see's it and identifies it.

I now have a 8tb Parity Drive, along with 3 other WD reds for 16tb of storage total.

I would like to know the best way to setup my new cache drive.

I would also like to load plex onto it and use that instead of having to leave my main computer on, as that's how I've been running plex over the years.

I know to install the docker, I'm just unsure of how to set it up now that I added a cache drive after the fact and how to setup my folder structures.

Thanks.

Just make sure to install the docker to the cachedrive (it should end up in a share called appdata that is configured as a cachedrive only share.. If you were using dockers before the cachedrive got added they are on the array now (just stop all dockers, stop docker itself, move appdata to the cachedrive, set it cache onlyand restart your docker and dockers..

Then just install the docker, when you see a plex folder appearing under the appdata you are fine.

This is where I get stuck when trying to add the Plex Docker to my server. I'm unsure of what to put for each path configuration.

I have Movies, TV Shows and music. I mainly use it for movies and tv shows though. Would like to try adding music to it at some point.

I've attached a picture to possibly help explain what I'm talking about. I did try searching here, on the plex forums and google but didn't find a whole lot.

I did stumble across this thread, but not too sure of what information to put and the settings seem a bit different now.

Adding Plex to UnRaid

59f3f20b2cf6f_unraidplexconfig.thumb.PNG.34b7b5d6befdb214e8e5185a1a938894.PNG

5 minutes ago, Donnyp said:

This is where I get stuck when trying to add the Plex Docker to my server. I'm unsure of what to put for each path configuration.

I have Movies, TV Shows and music. I mainly use it for movies and tv shows though. Would like to try adding music to it at some point.

I've attached a picture to possibly help explain what I'm talking about. I did try searching here, on the plex forums and google but didn't find a whole lot.

I did stumble across this thread, but not too sure of what information to put and the settings seem a bit different now.

Adding Plex to UnRaid

59f3f20b2cf6f_unraidplexconfig.thumb.PNG.34b7b5d6befdb214e8e5185a1a938894.PNG

Read this post:  https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-564306

I ramble on a bit, and struggle to try and explain path mappings in English, but the concept is easy to grasp, just hard to explain.  (And the pic hasn't been updated for 6.3+ but the entries are the same)  If you get lost, then add a mapping mapping of /mnt (host path) mapped to /mnt (container path)

16 minutes ago, Squid said:

Read this post:  https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-564306

I ramble on a bit, and struggle to try and explain path mappings in English, but the concept is easy to grasp, just hard to explain.  (And the pic hasn't been updated for 6.3+ but the entries are the same)  If you get lost, then add a mapping mapping of /mnt (host path) mapped to /mnt (container path)

Awesome, thanks Squid! Your help is greatly appreciated. I will read through that thread and see what I can figure out.