What's the correct folder to put cron scripts in?

I've got a bash script I want cron to run every night. I've tried putting the script in /etc/cron.daily/ which works fine but the script gets deleted if my server ever needs to reboot. If I put it in /boot/config/plugins/myscripts/ I get an email with the subject "cron for user root * /boot/config/plugins/myscripts/backblaze.sh" and body of "/bin/sh: mdcmd: command not found"

I'm using unraid 6.3.5

I've got a bash script I want cron to run every night. I've tried putting the script in /etc/cron.daily/ which works fine but the script gets deleted if my server ever needs to reboot. If I put it in /boot/config/plugins/myscripts/ I get an email with the subject "cron for user root * /boot/config/plugins/myscripts/backblaze.sh" and body of "/bin/sh: mdcmd: command not found"

I'm using unraid 6.3.5

Easiest solution is to run the script on a custom schedule via the user scripts plugin.

You may need to specify the complete path to mdcmd
  • Like 1
  • 11 months later...

I'm trying the same thing -

cron file is in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix

sh file is in same location

I can run the sh file by going into /boot/config/plugins/dynamix and running ./script.sh and it runs but if I call it from my cron

49 14 * * * /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/script.sh

I get bash: script.sh#: No such file or directory.

What am I missing?