Screen Rotation

Linux Noob here... I like being able to see my unRAID desktop or terminal, but the issue I'm having is that I can't seem to rotate my screen. I have read a few forums about xrandr and a few other methods for doing such a thing, but I can't seem to figure it out. For this system, I am running a i7-4790k with Intel Integrated graphics "Intel® HD Graphics 4600" on a Asus PG278QR 2k "1440x2560" in the negative 90 degrees rotation.

Not sure if I need to install graphics drivers, but my xrandr -q outputs:

Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 1024 x 768, maximum 1024 x 768

default connected 1024x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm

1024x768    0.00*

800x600      0.00

640x480      0.00

I don't mind the low resolution, its just I need to be able to rotate it 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

IMG_20171016_202706.jpg

Please elaborate, the screen on the left, what's displaying it?

a) your unRAID in local GUI mode?

b) your local workstation?

because if its b) your desktop should have the rotation controls

but if its a) we'll have to wait for anybody here who has run the local GUI and knows if rotation is supported.

you can't rotate the local CLI (console)

you might be able to rotate the local GUI but I haven't used it to understand any limitations as implemented. you can't install drivers for the IGD, as unRAID is basically a limited run from RAM linux with everything (drivers) hardcoded in.

Why don't you just run a terminal on a local desktop OS (Mac/Windows/Linux), rotate the display there and run a ssh session / web browser window there?

• 3 years later...