Out of memory error (log attached)?

20 minutes ago, btrcp2000 said:

Checked on the server this morning and "fix common problems" was complaining of "out of memory errors", and had shut down a win7 VM.  I had not been messing with anything for about 48 hrs prior.  Reboot seems to have fixed it, but could someone help me understand the logs?

unraid-diagnostics-20171015-0911.zip

The last log from a reboot is kept on the flash at /flash/logs/.

Do you have the SageTV docker installed and using Comskip that is also installed in said docker?  If so try using the Windows version of comskip and dirmon2 from your windows VM. 

I had to switch to that on one of my servers as comskip was crashing the docker and causing OOMs for me.  Think it was bad recordings as in signal problems that the docker comskip couldn't handle.  So far it is working fine.  Won't be positive it fixed my problems for a few more weeks since it was a random problem but never took more than 2 months to show up.

Only log in the flash folder is from late august. is there a setting somewhere that will occaisonally throw one in there?

As for sagetv, due to my issues with the r5000 boxes, I am currently not using the docker version. It is the windows version running on the win7 VM.  goal is get it to docker, but i have to figure out how to trick the windows r5000 software into recording to the array.  Currently learning about symlinks

8 hours ago, btrcp2000 said:

Only log in the flash folder is from late august. is there a setting somewhere that will occaisonally throw one in there?

As for sagetv, due to my issues with the r5000 boxes, I am currently not using the docker version. It is the windows version running on the win7 VM.  goal is get it to docker, but i have to figure out how to trick the windows r5000 software into recording to the array.  Currently learning about symlinks

That's what I figured but in case you were using it I thought I would mention it.  Next time this happens get the diagnostics before you reboot since you don't have a log from when it happened.