Unraid not recognizing sas drives

JonB

Trying to setup my first unraid with the following:

Supermicro xdri9-ln4f+

Lsi 9210-8i flashed to IT mode

3x HGST Ultrastar 3tb sas drives

The problem I'm running into is that Unraid shows no drives once booted up. I've booted into the lsi config during post and the all the drives are listed there, as well as looked in a freenas VM where all of the drives show up. 

Is there a setting in Unraid that I am missing?

Changed the WWN settings and also tried booting in safe mode to check if it was a plug-in issue and neither of which had any effect.

I don't think it's a compatibility issue as it shows the drives in the OS boot, but I maybe wrong. Perhaps there's a setting in the hba bios settings I need to change? At the moment I have the boot support set to "disabled" but I've tried on all options and none of them seem to work.

I also forgot to mention I'm running version 6.3.5

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

So i should probably start a new thread instead, but I'll start here (till I'm scolded otherwise).  

I Have a supermicro (X10DRC-LN4+) board with onboard SAS, and a PCI-e LSI HBA, all going into a x24 backplane.  

The PCI-e LSI HBA recognizes, and gives unraid, any drive i throw at it (SATA or SAS; the onboard controller ONLY passes SATA drives to unraid, but will not pass SAS drives to unraid (yes, "JOBD" is selected in the onboard settings...finding that was another story...but i digress).  SATA always works instantly!

The SAS drive shows up in the Storage Monitoring area of the supermicro IPMI GUI as "Unconfigured good drive", but not in unraid anywhere!  Its not in system devices of unraid or unassigned devices  If I plug the same SAS drive into the HDD slots controlled by the external PCI-e HBA, it shows up immediately!

I am confused!

This screen shot, of the onboard controller, shows a SATA drive first (drive4) and the SAS drive second (drive5), for comparison.  Drive4 is shown and used by unraid, drive5 does not show up anywhere inside unraid (nor unraid's "system devices" area).
image.thumb.png.33b4883aaf871c35e6e8b0df0fb2f8fa.png