[Support] binhex - PyCharm

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-pycharm in the binhex repo.

Application: PyCharmhttps://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-pycharm/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-pycharm/

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by binhex

Sorry guys, had a xml issue and thus this wasn't showing up in CA, its now fixed so should be visible.

This container is primarily for me as i do some Python dev work and i absolutely love pycharm, but hopefully some other people will find it useful too, oh and its my first docker gui image, so there maybe some bugs, if so please post.

Just trying this out and I have a question about folder mapping.  By default my python code files are being stored in /home/nobody/PyCharmProjects.  Where does this map to in the outside world - as in how do I get to these files when I am not in the docker?  Does it make sense to use other folders for you files, like a user share that is accessible to the outside world?  

And what is the best place to execute Python files after you have finished with them? In the PyCharm docker?  For example I have some python cgi scripts that I use for home automation.  I currently have these running in an Ubuntu VM but I am thinking about moving these to an Apache docker.  Or should (or even can) I execute them in the PyCharm Docker?

FYI - I haven't really used PyCharm before, I normally have just used Notepad++ to write my Python code.

On 13/10/2017 at 11:40 PM, smdion said:

ooo this looks like an improved version of Codiad.  Thanks!

iive not heard of Codiad before so i cant really compare the two, but i can tell you pycharm is very actively worked on, ive been using it for years and it has always been very solid for me, im glad you're interested in it and i hope you make use of it in the end, for me its invaluable when coding in python.

On 13/10/2017 at 10:41 PM, wayner said:

By default my python code files are being stored in /home/nobody/PyCharmProjects.  Where does this map to in the outside world

in short it doesn't map outside of the container, one of the few shortcomings of pycharm is that for some bizarre reason you cannot set the default project folder, and thus its just defaulting to home dir for user nobody, so you need to change this to me something like /config/projects, that then will write outside of the container.

And what is the best place to execute Python files after you have finished with them? In the PyCharm docker?

that really does depend on what the python script does, for instance i run some python automation scripts on unraid directly, but another script i wrote to download wallpapers i run on my kodi box, basically nearly all platforms support python, so my advise is run it as close to the target machine as possible, as in dont have lots of layers of virtualisation to jump through unless required.

FYI - I haven't really used PyCharm before, I normally have just used Notepad++ to write my Python code

well if you get to grips with pycharm you will 100% never go back to notepad++ for python coding, pycharm is infinitely better in so many ways, dont get me wrong i love notepad++, but a python IDE is not what its meant for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2017 at 7:39 PM, binhex said:

in short it doesn't map outside of the container, one of the few shortcomings of pycharm is that for some bizarre reason you cannot set the default project folder, and thus its just defaulting to home dir for user nobody, so you need to change this to me something like /config/projects, that then will write outside of the container.

ive now added in additional code to work around this limitation, so now a new user will be presented with the default save location being /data/....

• 3 weeks later...

First time using PyCharm and it certainly is a nice IDE. The debugger is quite a bit more useful than IDLE!

I couldn't find much useful about scheduling my python script, but I achieved it by using Unraid to schedule the running of the python script within this docker:

1) First, install CA User Scripts 

2) Create a folder e.g. "email_fund_info_binhex_pycharm" in flash\config\plugins\user.scripts\scripts with two files: "description" and "script"

3) The description file just contains a short description reminding me which script is running in which docker and the bash script changes the working directory and executes the python script. I needed to change the directory as I have a JSON file in the same directory acting as my database. 

#!/bin/bash
#arrayStarted=true

docker exec binhex-pycharm bash -c 'cd /data/pycharm/projects/email_fund_info && ./venv/bin/python email_fund_info.py'

I can see in the scripts plugin log the same information as the log in the PyCharm console.

11 minutes ago, waster said:

First time using PyCharm and it certainly is a nice IDE. The debugger is quite a bit more useful than IDLE!

I couldn't find much useful about scheduling my python script, but I achieved it by using Unraid to schedule the running of the python script within this docker:

1) First, install CA User Scripts 

2) Create a folder e.g. "email_fund_info_binhex_pycharm" in flash\config\plugins\user.scripts\scripts with two files: "description" and "script"

3) The description file just contains a short description reminding me which script is running in which docker and the bash script changes the working directory and executes the python script. I needed to change the directory as I have a JSON file in the same directory acting as my database. 

#!/bin/bash
#arrayStarted=true

docker exec binhex-pycharm bash -c 'cd /data/pycharm/projects/email_fund_info && ./venv/bin/python email_fund_info.py'

I can see in the scripts plugin log the same information as the log in the PyCharm console.

if you want to test your python script to debug then sure do it inside the container, but my recommendation for running the script long term on unraid would be to install python on the host and execute it via the go file, its much easier to do and there is less stuff to go wrong. 

yeah IDLE is what i started using a long time ago, pycharm is a whole world apart from IDLE, it is so much better in so many ways, built in pypi support, PEP compliance, step through debugger, etc etc etc, the list is endless, hell it even has support to spin up docker containers to test out your code in a clean environment!.

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

if you want to test your python script to debug then sure do it inside the container, but my recommendation for running the script long term on unraid would be to install python on the host and execute it via the go file, its much easier to do and there is less stuff to go wrong. 

I just don't like the idea of executing my dodgy scripts directly on Unraid (as well as installing the correct version of Python + third party modules)! Much more piece of mind for me to run it in a docker and just schedule it from Unraid.

Just now, waster said:

I just don't like the idea of executing my dodgy scripts directly on Unraid (as well as installing the correct version of Python + third party modules)! Much more piece of mind for me to run it in a docker and just schedule it from Unraid.

sure, each to their own of course :-), if you get a chance take a look at PEX btw, its a really cool way of packaging all 3rd party modules for a script, takes the hassle and risk out of running a script that requires a lot of other modules to run:-

https://github.com/pantsbuild/pex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you run Jupyter Notebook with this docker from within Pycharm?   I tried following these directions here:  https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/using-ipython-notebook-with-product.html

But that didn't seem to work as Jupyter by default only likes to run on the localhost and I don't know how you do that in a docker.

It might be nice to have a docker that just runs Jupyter Notebook (FKA IPython).

• 2 months later...

I am getting a startup error after installing this docker.

Internal error. Please report to http://jb.gg/ide/critical-startup-errors

java.lang.ClassCastException: sun.awt.image.BufImgSurfaceData cannot be cast to sun.java2d.xr.XRSurfaceData
    at sun.java2d.xr.XRPMBlitLoops.cacheToTmpSurface(XRPMBlitLoops.java:148)
    at sun.java2d.xr.XrSwToPMBlit.Blit(XRPMBlitLoops.java:356)
    at sun.java2d.SurfaceDataProxy.updateSurfaceData(SurfaceDataProxy.java:498)
    at sun.java2d.SurfaceDataProxy.replaceData(SurfaceDataProxy.java:455)
    at sun.java2d.SurfaceData.getSourceSurfaceData(SurfaceData.java:233)
    at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.renderImageCopy(DrawImage.java:566)
    at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.copyImage(DrawImage.java:67)
    at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.copyImage(DrawImage.java:1014)
    at sun.java2d.pipe.ValidatePipe.copyImage(ValidatePipe.java:186)
    at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawImage(SunGraphics2D.java:3318)
    at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawImage(SunGraphics2D.java:3296)
    at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKEngine.paintCachedImage(GTKEngine.java:555)
    at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKPainter.paintButtonBackgroundImpl(GTKPainter.java:291)
    at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKPainter.paintButtonBackground(GTKPainter.java:280)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthButtonUI.paintBackground(SynthButtonUI.java:299)
    at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthButtonUI.update(SynthButtonUI.java:254)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(JComponent.java:780)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1056)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)
    at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:586)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5210)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1579)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1502)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1272)
    at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5158)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4969)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:854)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:814)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:814)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:789)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:738)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(RepaintManager.java:64)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(RepaintManager.java:1732)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
    at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:374)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
    at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)
    at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)
    at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)
    at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)
    at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)
    at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)
    at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)
    at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)
    at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)
    at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)
    at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)
    at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)
    at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
    at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)
    at com.intellij.openapi.ui.impl.DialogWrapperPeerImpl$MyDialog.show(DialogWrapperPeerImpl.java:694)
    at com.intellij.openapi.ui.impl.DialogWrapperPeerImpl.show(DialogWrapperPeerImpl.java:426)
    at com.intellij.openapi.ui.DialogWrapper.invokeShow(DialogWrapper.java:1688)
    at com.intellij.openapi.ui.DialogWrapper.show(DialogWrapper.java:1637)
    at com.intellij.ui.AppUIUtil.showEndUserAgreementText(AppUIUtil.java:374)
    at com.intellij.ui.AppUIUtil.lambda$showUserAgreementAndConsentsIfNeeded$2(AppUIUtil.java:258)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:301)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

I am getting a startup error after installing this docker.
Internal error. Please report to http://jb.gg/ide/critical-startup-errorsjava.lang.ClassCastException: sun.awt.image.BufImgSurfaceData cannot be cast to sun.java2d.xr.XRSurfaceData   at sun.java2d.xr.XRPMBlitLoops.cacheToTmpSurface(XRPMBlitLoops.java:148)   at sun.java2d.xr.XrSwToPMBlit.Blit(XRPMBlitLoops.java:356)   at sun.java2d.SurfaceDataProxy.updateSurfaceData(SurfaceDataProxy.java:498)   at sun.java2d.SurfaceDataProxy.replaceData(SurfaceDataProxy.java:455)   at sun.java2d.SurfaceData.getSourceSurfaceData(SurfaceData.java:233)   at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.renderImageCopy(DrawImage.java:566)   at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.copyImage(DrawImage.java:67)   at sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.copyImage(DrawImage.java:1014)   at sun.java2d.pipe.ValidatePipe.copyImage(ValidatePipe.java:186)   at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawImage(SunGraphics2D.java:3318)   at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawImage(SunGraphics2D.java:3296)   at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKEngine.paintCachedImage(GTKEngine.java:555)   at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKPainter.paintButtonBackgroundImpl(GTKPainter.java:291)   at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKPainter.paintButtonBackground(GTKPainter.java:280)   at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthButtonUI.paintBackground(SynthButtonUI.java:299)   at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthButtonUI.update(SynthButtonUI.java:254)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(JComponent.java:780)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1056)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)   at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:586)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5210)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1579)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1502)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1272)   at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5158)   at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4969)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:854)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:814)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:814)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:789)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:738)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(RepaintManager.java:64)   at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(RepaintManager.java:1732)   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:374)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:869)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:666)   at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:637)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:191)   at com.intellij.idea.Main.showMessage(Main.java:150)   at com.intellij.ide.plugins.PluginManager.processException(PluginManager.java:147)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.processException(IdeEventQueue.java:502)   at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:377)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:190)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:235)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:233)   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)   at com.intellij.openapi.ui.impl.DialogWrapperPeerImpl$MyDialog.show(DialogWrapperPeerImpl.java:694)   at com.intellij.openapi.ui.impl.DialogWrapperPeerImpl.show(DialogWrapperPeerImpl.java:426)   at com.intellij.openapi.ui.DialogWrapper.invokeShow(DialogWrapper.java:1688)   at com.intellij.openapi.ui.DialogWrapper.show(DialogWrapper.java:1637)   at com.intellij.ui.AppUIUtil.showEndUserAgreementText(AppUIUtil.java:374)   at com.intellij.ui.AppUIUtil.lambda$showUserAgreementAndConsentsIfNeeded$2(AppUIUtil.java:258)   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:301)   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

I've seen this on first run, close it then right click desktop and select pycharm to start again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, SphericalRedundancy said:

Is it normally so slow?

It takes several seconds after clicking or typing for anything to happen.

im not seeing that issue, try another web browser, im assuming you are doing this on your lan and NOT over the internet, right?.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, tcwatson said:

I feel like I must be missing something obvious, but after I use pip via the PyCharm Terminal to install anything, if I restart the docker container I lose all the installed packages. Any way around this?

yes you shouldnt be installing packages from the pycharm terminal, you need to create your project and then create a virtualenv (google it) for your project and then use the built in tools in pycharm to install the packages into your virtualenv, ensuring of course that your virtualenv is defined outside of the container, as in /config or /data.

have a look here for instructions:-

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-virtual-environment.html

Edited by binhex
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 4:04 AM, wayner said:

Can you run Jupyter Notebook with this docker from within Pycharm?   I tried following these directions here:  https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/using-ipython-notebook-with-product.html

But that didn't seem to work as Jupyter by default only likes to run on the localhost and I don't know how you do that in a docker.

It might be nice to have a docker that just runs Jupyter Notebook (FKA IPython).

Yes you can run Jupyter notebooks by following those instructions.

You first need to map the docker container port 8888 to a host port (in the unraid docker config page), then in Pycharm choose Run->Run->Edit configuration and change the Jupyter host to 0.0.0.0

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a valid pycharms.subdomain.conf file that successfully allows them to access NOVNC and subsequently PYCHARMS from outside their network?  I've tried adapting several but nothing seems to work as they drop me to a page that says "noVNC encountered an error:"  I'll edit this post later when I get home to add my current conf file.

NOVNC does work when accessing from within my network.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:09 PM, bambino53 said:

Does anyone have a valid pycharms.subdomain.conf file that successfully allows them to access NOVNC and subsequently PYCHARMS from outside their network?  I've tried adapting several but nothing seems to work as they drop me to a page that says "noVNC encountered an error:"  I'll edit this post later when I get home to add my current conf file.

NOVNC does work when accessing from within my network.

i do indeed use this via reverse nginx proxy, however im using the excellent 'nginx proxy manager' to do the clever config for me, so im not sure exactly what its doing under the hood but it def works without issue.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:09 AM, binhex said:

i do indeed use this via reverse nginx proxy, however im using the excellent 'nginx proxy manager' to do the clever config for me, so im not sure exactly what its doing under the hood but it def works without issue.

I'll have to check out 'nginx proxy manager'.  I started with the LetsEncrypt docker per SpaceInvader's videos.  For anyone who finds my post I have an interim solution that I don't like but gives me necessary functionality.

server {
    listen 80;
    server_name pycharm.mydomain.domain;
    return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
}
server {
	listen 443 ssl http2;
	server_name pycharm.mydomain.domain;
	proxy_redirect off;
	location / {
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;
		proxy_pass http://*Docker IP:Port:*/;
		proxy_http_version 1.1;
		proxy_set_header Connection $http_connection;
		proxy_set_header Origin http://$host;
		proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
    }
}

I then access the NOVNC container @ https://pycharm.mydomain.domain/vnc_lite.html?resize=remote.  The vnc.html page throws errors.

Edited by bambino53