Plex plugin install help needed for unraid V5

Hi

A while ago ( a couple of years ago) I installed unraid v 5.05 on a 3 hard drive server.

I'd now like to install Plex but don't really have much of a clue how to go about it and can't find any tutorials on the net.

I don't want to upgrade to Unraid V6 since my version of Unraid is free since I only have 3 hard drives.

Can anyone give me a pointer on where to download the plex plugin and  how to install plex?

Thanks

Edited by ives
18 hours ago, Squid said:

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/31697-phaze-plugins-for-unraid-56/

But, IMO the upgrade to v6 is well worth it, and v5 is EOL and the plugins are also EOL so any support given will be minimal.

Yes, I've  been using V6 in trial mode and it is better but I just can't afford to pay $60. If they'd made it more reasonable for a 3 hdd system, I would have paid up to about $30, but $60 is just too much IMO

To put it in perspective, $60 would be cheaper than any other part of your server.  Well, a 4GB DDR3 stick might be cheaper, if you're running 2x4GB.  You really should consider upgrading or finding another solution you can afford, EOL means End of Life which implies it may not work much longer... 

1 hour ago, tdallen said:

To put it in perspective, $60 would be cheaper than any other part of your server.  Well, a 4GB DDR3 stick might be cheaper, if you're running 2x4GB.  You really should consider upgrading or finding another solution you can afford, EOL means End of Life which implies it may not work much longer... 

Well, the perspective I'm coming from and that applies to me is that unraid was free (for my minimal usage of 3 hdd's) and now cost $60. As I said, I would have considered paying a lesser fee for V6 but $60 is too much IMO.

I will be looking at other solutions once EOL happens.

Thanks ,

Ives

Everyone has to make their own call on the value proposition.  That said, if it were me I'd start planning "whatever's next" sooner rather than later.  My rationale is that EOL could happen "badly".  In other words, working one day and not working the next, based on an update from Plex or some sort of technical incompatibility.  All of the unRAID community's effort on media applications for the last few years has been put into Dockers, Phaze even dropped offline for quite a while.  That means if you have any trouble there will be little help available and the standard answer will be to upgrade.  Also if you stay on 5.05 you'll be on a old version of Linux that isn't getting security patches and runs a very old unsupported file system (ReiserFS), in addition to running the old Plex plugin.

You might get lucky - don't change anything and hope it keeps working.  I wouldn't trust my server to that strategy though.  I hope you stay with unRAID and think you'll find the $60 well worthwhile.  In either event I definitely recommend planning the move now, while everything is still working.