Container issue, port 80 access and own IP address

Azyx

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and since this is my first topic I apologize in advance for any mistakes.

As the title says, I have been trying to run an Emby docker with it's own IP and its WebUI accessible via port 80. That way any user on the local network can access it by just typing the hostname instead of typing "hostname:8096" on the browser.

I was able to configure it to have its own IP by creating a network with macvlan drivers called "embynet". But I'm having no success in enabling it to be accessible by port 80.

docker network create -d macvlan --subnet=10.0.7.0/24 --ip-range=10.0.7.128/27 --gateway=10.0.7.1 -o parent=br0 embynet

The docker run command I used (IIRC as I ran it a couple of months ago) was something like this:

docker run -d --name=Emby-server --net=embynet --ip=10.0.7.154 -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -p 7359:7359/udp -p 1900:1900/udp -e TZ=America/Sao_Paulo -v "/mnt/user/Media/":"/mnt":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/EmbyServer":"/config":rw emby/embyserver

I tried to run the command with the port variables in many different manners "-p 80:80 -p 443:443", "-p 10.0.7.154:80:80 -p 10.0.7.154:443:443" etc... and nothing worked. the Emby container was always listening on the same 8096 port. I also tried configuring the port inside the WebUI config with no success.

I'm thinking about running the Embyserver on a windows server VM that I already have, or maybe try this again on unraid 6.4...

I'm not sure what's the workaround for this... Do you guys have any clue or is there a different route to accomplish this? 

I do understand that making a container listen to port 80 would cause issues with unraid, but since the container has a different IP I don't see why I shouldn't do it...

42 minutes ago, bonienl said:

macvlan support is built-in in unRAID version 6.4, currently available as RC. This will allow you to make assignments from the GUI.

If you decide to use version 6.4 then make sure you delete all manually added macvlan assignments, these can not be used together with the new functionality in 6.4.

Thanks Bonienl! I was looking the changelogs and new features for 6.4 and it looks really nice. I will delete the assignments and do some backups before trying it out. 

Maybe editing the emby's xml would make the webui to be listened on port 80... I will try that now and report back.

No success in editing the system.xml or even the emby's template xml... Have no idea where its the config that a container must use such port.

Edited by Azyx
Update

Your Emby Container is configured by the image author to use the following ports

8096 8920 7359/udp 1900/udp

cf emby/embyserver Dockerfile

You can try mapping 80 to 8096 instead (and maybe 443 to 8920) - But I don't know if the container will return correct urls.

docker run -d --name=Emby-server --net=embynet --ip=10.0.7.154 -p 80:8096 -p 443:8920 -p 7359:7359/udp -p 1900:1900/udp -e TZ=America/Sao_Paulo -v "/mnt/user/Media/":"/mnt":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/EmbyServer":"/config":rw emby/embyserver