Moving the entire array

So I'm upping my game and I have purchased a new mobo, power supply and case so I'll be moving the entire system over any recommendations in doing this I have no real data to be concerned about so no need to back it up, here's the current and updated specs:

Current:

i7 6700 locked cpu

pre built HP mobo this only had 3 sata ports onboard and 4 HDD slots in case

ddr4 2133 a 16gig

300 watt psu

1 4TB parity

2 4TB data

1 1TB data

2 240gig SSD cache

New setup:

SUPERMICR0 **C7Z170-M 1151 MATX with M.2 stole this @ $48 new

COOLER MASTER 500W 80 PLUS PSU

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES 300R CASE 7 HDD slots 4 SSD slots

will move processor and ram and drives over

I figure this will allow for some expansion if needed will be able to move up the the 2nd tier of 12 drives and now gives me more control over fan curves for which I had none they were on 24/7 and it has a more robust bios any tips appreciated!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dkerlee said:

try to find one of these things eventually, it's awesome to be able to plug in so many drives!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101792

SUPERMICRO AOC-SAS2LP-MV8

looking good!

Yep have one, I was limited by the case no more room for drives and the mobo was also limited with the bios so needed to move on to better hardware with the upgrade I reduced temps by 8-12c on both the cpu and the drives but did add approx 10 watts at the wall though

2 hours ago, HellDiverUK said:

To actually answer your question, just plug your drives in to the new machine and turn it on.  unRAID won't even notice.

Yep went off without a hitch I was more worried about the routine issues I might run into that I did not find searching such as would the drives be required to be connected to a specific sata port or the need to be assigned the same drive label in my case what happened was the system was assigned a new ip which I did not factor in and caught me off guard when all my computers would not load the web ui took a minute realize but got it done. Now if I can figure out how to access the NAS from outside the network it will be golden, have made a few attempts with space invaders openVPN video but have not figured that part out yet.