Docker request

ashman70

Perhaps this has been requested before or the ability to do it exists already and I am just unaware.

My large unRAID server that has thirty drives with two 8TB parity drives, takes from between 44 and 55hrs to do a parity check every month, during this time my plex users are pretty much unable to use plex. Is it possible to have the plex docker automatically shut down when a parity check starts?

Thanks

42 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

Perhaps this has been requested before or the ability to do it exists already and I am just unaware.

My large unRAID server that has thirty drives with two 8TB parity drives, takes from between 44 and 55hrs to do a parity check every month, during this time my plex users are pretty much unable to use plex. Is it possible to have the plex docker automatically shut down when a parity check starts?

Thanks

With the user scripts plugin

Your scripts for the above will be

docker stop plex

docker start plex

Your going to add the linked script as a script to the user scripts plugin (probably set to run at first array start)

Modify the script and change the two lines that say "full path to..." to the two scripts that your're going to save somewhere on the flash drive.  The two scripts will be 

docker stop plex

and

docker start plex

(or whatever your plex container is actually called)