Bitdefender and "The connection was reset"

JonMikelV

Ever since my Windows 10 installation of Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition upgraded to v1.0.9.25 I can't get any of my unRAID GUI to show in Firefox.

The login screen works but then all I get is a "The connection was reset" message in the browser for the http://my-unRAID/Main URL.

If I turn off Bitdefender's "Portection shield" and refersh the browser page, the unRAID GUI loads fine.

Is anybody else using this version of Bitdefender and running into this issue (or not)?

Thanks!

On 9/25/2017 at 8:00 PM, Squid said:

Can you whitelist your server?

Ugh.  Sorry, I didn't get a notification of your reply.

Unfortunately the only way I seem able to add an Exclusion is to select it from the list of items that have been blocked - and nothing is showing in the list there (or even in the general "Events" list).  And even that probably isn't what I need as I get the impression it's file or process based items, not firewall (which I didn't know this thing even had as there's no firewall UI for it anywhere).  The issue is (so far) 100% repeatable, though (even after reboots) so I'm sure it's related to Bitdefender in some way.

It's too bad I'm so cheap or I wouldn't be using the free (aka no support) version, though I did find this 2012 set of posts from people with similar issues of that year's paid version: https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/33648-bitdefender-is2012-stopping-me-accessing-nas-admin/

Guess it's time to switch to a different security tool.