Solus 3 Budgie or MATE work?

DarkHorse

Anyone else have Solus 3 running in a VM on UnRAID?

I have various Linux distros installed and they all work, except for Solus.  Solus 3 Budgie kind of works, but I cannot change the resolution without my VNC connection getting messed up. 

And when I boot Solus 3 MATE, I get no mouse pointer.  Frustrating, because I're really like to experiment with Solus more.  I've searched the inter-tubes, but cannot find anyone else having problems.

i faced issues with solus budgie VM, but i was passing through GPU cards (so no vnc)

1) Login to desktop not working - it asks for password, it seems itis accepting it, but then screen does not go past the login form (Solus Mate was ok though)

This seems to be caused by the fact that i was putting my second GPU in a pcie slot with pcie lanes allocated from the chipset controller, and not from CPU... Solved when I moved the GPU... So Solus Budgie was ok for a while...

2) Update of distribution destroyed the VM, did not boot anymore - not sure if this is caused by distro or by Unraid - i had to recreate the VM again

3) Update of MB bios re-arranged the device id's for my GPU's and other devices - changed the XML to accomodate the reshuffle but came back to the issue 1 - cannot login... although this time the gpu's are in the correct PCIe slots

I will try in the next days to recreate the Budgie VM to see if all ok...

Overall, indeed more issues with Solus Budgie - cinnamon mint is more resilent to changes and less issues...

But i do agree Solus is amazing... boots super fast and interface is one of the best!

Thanks for the reply.  Ya, I guess it's still a bit early... but I agree, the progress Solus has shown over the last couple releases is amazing.  

Their main project leader recently quit his job and is now working on Solus full time. 

I think I'll remain on my main Manjaro instance for now, but will continue to kick the tires on Solus.

Cheers!