Drive red X

CyberMew

Thanks. I stopped the array, the drive went into unmanaged drive and couldn't be assigned back. I then shutdown the server, double checked the cable and started it up again. The drive resumed as part of the array but still shows a red X. Smart can't be shown this time too (last time it was spinning forever and this time it says disabled). I have attached the logs. The drive log information didn't show any error or warning, not sure how to proceed next...

tower-diagnostics-20170925-2306.zip

Edited by CyberMew

I just realised that my sys log is really large and full of drive spam logs constantly being generated throughout the day. Maybe this is why my website is lagging? Not sure what's going on but it seems like there are cases where other people have drives with ok smart attributes and with similar error logs. I think I am using the flashed m1015 card for this HDD but I will power down for now and double check tomorrow, perhaps even change the Sata cable just in case. Will report back. As for the update, I can do it via plugin updates right?

Appreciate the help johnnie.black rendered so far. Finaly got time to work on this yesterday. I doubled check the cable connectors and drive again, started and no issues this time. Did the unassign and assign steps to rebuilt the drive, took 8 hours, no errors (seemingly), then updated unraid UI to 6.3.2 and 6.3.5 (why did they not set it to update directly to the latest version instead baffles me). I have attached the diagnostic log right after the reboot update for 6.3.5 just in case!

tower-diagnostics-20170930-1153.zip

Edited by CyberMew

Thanks. I think the slot in the drive cage might have failed, because the drive couldn't be detected event after replacing the cable. In the end I took the drive out and directly connected it to the psu cable and sata cable, no errors so far. I thought that the drive was a goner! Appreciate the heads up!

While playing around though I keep hearing drive click sounds, I'm worried that one or two of the drives will just gradually fail or silently corrupt files (possible?). Is there a way to check them all? Would a smart extended test be sufficient to suss them out?