Latency question

mrbilky

New to VM's so I loaded unbuntu to play around with I did not install but did the try it option but its really laggy is that because I did not install it or is there some settings I need to make within unRAID or may it be my network connection - I'm currently running the server into my isp supplied router and I'm trying it on my rig that is hard wired to the extender which is also hardwired just curious as not familiar with it yet. 

Likely you need to use VNC - and the right VNC client as well.

I remember that one VNC Client worked laggy and even froze the desktop every few minutes/seconds forcing me to disconnect and reconnect again over and over.

Switching to another VNC client solved that - but then there were other problems that surfaced and the struggle was too much; so i quit trying to do that in Unraid.

BTW, I was looking through your posts and your punctuation could use some work. Grunting and pointing will only get you so far.

Edited by slushieken
36 minutes ago, 1812 said:

14 sentences, 1 punctuation mark. Please try again if you would like us to actually understand your issue. Also, please explain your setup in more detail including if you are using a GPU or vnc with the vm.

server HP envy pre-built i7 6700 16 gigs of ddr4 ram 5 drives 1 parity 2 4TB hdd 2 240 gig ssd using the igpu running on an R7 1800x x370 chipset 16 gigs of ddr4 gtx1080 gpu it is set to VNC tried to set it to igpu but gave me this error

Ubuntu QEMU Log.html

image.png.93fe16261b1eb8868621eeb60944dbd1.png