Elgato HD60 Pro

Vanum

Good morning all! 

Another wannabe streamer here asking for help on getting their Elgato HD Pro to work with their Unraid server. I really don't want to go back to a normal build as I LOVE UNRAID AND ALL OF ITS AMAZING FEATURES. :D:D:D

I have read a couple articles on this very issue and it looks like the only thing that can get this to work is to patch the kernel. The only problem is the patch was written for an older version of Unraid (~4.0). Maybe since some time has passed, someone has come up with a new way to do this? 

I have tried adding it to the XML file - didn't work

I have tried stubbing it on the sysconfig file - didn't work

PCI Info

[12ab:0380] 81:00.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: YUAN High-Tech Development Co., Ltd. Device 0380 (rev ff)

Error message

qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,id=hostdev3,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7: vfio: Error: Failed to setup INTx fd: Device or resource busy
qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,id=hostdev3,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7: Device initialization failed
qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,id=hostdev3,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7: Device 'vfio-pci' could not be initialized

My Precious:

• CPU:  Intel Core i7 4790K
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H
  • SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (2x)
  • Disk Array: Western Digital Blue 1TB (3x)
  • UnRaid: 16GB PNY Flash Drive
  • RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (2 x 4GB, 2 x 8GB)
  • GPU1: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC (Slot 1)
  • GPU2: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-2974-RX 4GB SC GAMING (Slot 2)
  • Case: COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX 5
  • PCI-E USB Controller: Rosewill RC-508
  • -USB Chipset: Renesas uPD720201

Any help is greatly appreciated as I don't feel complete without my Unraid server and I want to show off my Unraid server on my channel while I stream! :D  

"Help me nerdy-wan-kenobi! You're my only hope!" 

- Vanum

Edited by Vanum

Hello to anyone who else is having this issue. 

Looks like the issue related to this card has no support for Linux. I have asked Elgato if they have any plans to create a Linux driver and they currently do not. For now, I am going to switch my unRaid server off and switch back to a standard desktop. If someone else comes up with another solution, I would love to know! :D

I love my unRaid server and I cannot wait to go back :) 

Thank you all! 

Edited by Vanum