2 new CACHE SSD, & I am Stupid, stupid... stupid...

Ok, please be nice, as in the title I have already admitted that I was stupid.  I am having problems with 2 newly Samsung 850 EVO's for cache drives.

The problem is, when I first installed them, and let Unraid do it's thing after I assigned 2 slots to the cache devices. Unraid formatted them as btrfs and not knowing, I wanted to make the XFS.

Although I don't remember the exact steps I took, I do know things with to sh** quickly. After realizing I should have left well enough alone, I removed both the SSD's and put them in another PC to test/SMART/WipeDisk and both SSD's show they are ok.  Although, each time I put these drives back in the Unraid box, two things happen, random errors will show up on 1 or 2 of my HDD (spinning drives).  And although the array does not officially stop, if does usually become inaccessible. 

"I think" the problem was induced while I had the drives removed from the Unraid box, and on the  unassigned menu I found the SN for the two SSD's, so being the smart guy I am... I told Unraid to remove these (then unknown) drives to forget/remove/something/etc... And again (I am thinking) I have confused Unraid box due to my stupidity (ie, remeber the title).

Currently, the SSD's are installed although I am not telling any shares to use CACHE drives, but my drive 4 (ST3000VN007-2E4166_Z6A0QJHT - 3 TB (sdg)) has a red X in front of it. And here is the kicker... If I remove the two SSD's, the drive and the Array will go back to a normal state.

Please help!

-t

That was not my intention. Mistake on my part, so I ended up having to order another drive. AGAIN, this was not my overall expansion plan.

Once, I get the new drive on Tuesday and get the drive replaced, does UR have a process to reduce the number of drives?  The only place I could add another drive was in the 2.5"x6 drive bay I converted from a 5 1/4" bay. I am not sure a 2.5" drive will last long as part of the array.

My intentions, for the 2.5x6 drive bay was to use SSD's for fast access shares and cache drives. But if I keep being a dumba _ _  well. I will end up f.ing up my box.  At least I now have a 6 data drive system, capable of a total of 12 drives. :$

Thank you for taking the time to help an old man out.