Thinking of using unRaid on a Gaming PC

Hi there. Hope you all are well. 

So my situation is that me and my partner have a gaming PC set up in the living room, which he insists needs to be there (in the living room I mean). I'm interested in running unRaid for a couple of reasons:

- As a NAS drive.

- As a gaming PC I/he can run in the living room, and as a PC I can run upstairs through my Macbook via Remote Desktop/some other technology.

So I guess I have a couple of questions:

- I hear that Valve's anti-cheat system prevents you from you from playing CS:GO (and other Valve multiplayer games) because PC virtualization can be used to cheat. Is this still the case/exclusive to Valve/the case with other games from other publishers? I'm not too bothered about Counter Strike but I often play multiplayer games and don't want to get banned/prevented from playing, obviously.

- What's the best remote desktop technology to use to connect to the unRaid PC? I have used Nvidia Gamestream/Moonlight and Steam In-Home Streaming in a "normal" PC context and I haven't really had much joy. Splashtop seems to work reasonably well for normal tasks, however.