Unusual IPMI Email Notification

DoeBoye

Hey folks,

So checking my email a few minutes ago, I noticed I received almost 300   more than 450 (and counting) Unraid Status Notice messages from the IPMI plugin.

I'm at work so can't pull any logs or anything, but wondered if anyone could shed some light on what these messages might signify. I googled for answers and can't seem to find anything, so thought I'd see if someone else has come across these before.

Here's a sample of 4 of them. They all begin with "System Firmware Progress", but then the rest of the notice refers to different things:

localhost *Nominal* System Firmware Progress - System Firmware Progress ; Starting operating system boot process, e.g. calling Unsigned Int 19h

localhost *Nominal* System Firmware Progress - System Firmware Progress ; Option ROM initialization

localhost *Nominal* System Firmware Progress - System Firmware Progress ; Memory initialization

localhost *Nominal* System Firmware Progress - System Firmware Progress ; Keyboard controller initialization

Thanks!

DB

5 hours ago, 1812 said:

Do you have it set to message you every time it beeps and farts?

Nope! This is the first time in memory that I have gotten a notification for anything other than bogus critical cpu temps that the broken BMC of this board likes to periodically send out.

And when I got home today, everything appears to be fine. I thought maybe it had at least rebooted, but everything was as it should be...