[SOLVED] Mover not working

Greetings everyone!

I have problem with Mover - its not moving files. at all.

Unfortunately i can't attach log file, because when i open log thru web-gui its empty, and when i open log from Tools/Log - when i copy it to textedit.app it just hangs (log too big perhaps?).

anyway, here is the error i get:

Sep 13 03:17:20 Tower root: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1178) [sender=3.1.2]
Sep 13 03:17:20 Tower move: file ./BACKUPS/MY FILES Backup/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/43/00/4357/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4357.jpg rsync error: 23
Sep 13 03:17:20 Tower root: rsync: rsync_xal_set: lsetxattr(""/mnt/user0/."","user.org.netatalk.Metadata") failed: Operation not supported (95)
Sep 13 03:17:20 Tower root: rsync: rsync_xal_set: lsetxattr(""/mnt/user0/."","user.org.netatalk.has-Extended-Attributes") failed: Operation not supported (95)

also, at the end of the log i get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8388616 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(383) : eval()'d code on line 73

And, yet another warnings i get (probably unrelated, but still..):

Sep 13 00:51:59 Tower kernel: ACPI: Early table checksum verification disabled
Sep 13 00:51:59 Tower kernel: xor: measuring software checksum speed
Sep 13 00:51:59 Tower kernel: acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC failed (AE_NOT_FOUND); disabling ASPM
Sep 13 00:51:59 Tower kernel: acpi PNP0A08:00: ignoring host bridge window [mem 0x000d0000-0x000dffff window] (conflicts with Adapter ROM [mem 0x000cf800-0x000d57ff])
Sep 13 00:51:59 Tower kernel: ACPI Warning: SystemIO range 0x0000000000000400-0x000000000000041F conflicts with OpRegion 0x0000000000000400-0x000000000000040F (\SMRG) (20160831/utaddress-247)
Sep 13 00:52:03 Tower rpc.statd[1521]: Failed to read /var/lib/nfs/state: Success
Sep 13 00:52:08 Tower rc.diskinfo[5814]: PHP Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 339
Sep 13 00:52:11 Tower avahi-daemon[6482]: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!
Sep 13 00:52:24 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
Sep 13 00:52:24 Tower kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0

I had problems with mover since unraid v6.0.0 i think, i did not bother to fix it, used MC to move the files manually, but i figured i better fix it.

i tried couple of things (to no avail obviously)

- turned all docker apps off (plex, sabnzbd)

- performed "new permissions" again from web-gui

- turned 'use cache' on/off in the shares settings

My hardware is attached

so, what do you think? can we fix the TOWER? :)

Thanks in advance for support!

my hardware TOWER.txt

tower-diagnostics-20170915-1704.zip

Edited by Baron_Harkonnen
Added diagnostics file
17 minutes ago, tdallen said:

The best way to get support is to post Tools->Diagnostics... if you are running unRAID 6+.  You've posted in the unRAID 6 General Support forum, but your signature says 5.0.4.  Have you had a chance to upgrade yet?

A have added diagnostic file, i'm on 6.3.5 actually,

i can't seem to find how to edit the signature (it's outdated, totally forgot about it)... found it! its up to date now

Edited by Baron_Harkonnen
signature up to date
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 8:25 PM, johnnie.black said:

Sep 13 04:41:10 Tower shfs/user0: err: shfs_setxattr: lsetxattr: user.org.netatalk.Metadata /mnt/disk1/. (95) Operation not supported

IIRC these errors are because reiserfs has issues with extend attributes, consider converting to xfs, IMO you should already have converted anyway.

oh boy...that's going to be fun...

i only have 2 hdd's with xfs, i did not bother to convert the rest, assumed 'if it still works - don't touch it' :)

last question -

what is the best way to approach conversion to xfs?

1) get new 3tb drive, rotate the drives like mentioned in unraid wiki ('rsync' and all that)

-problem with this - i don't have 3tb drive to spare right now. (i have a bigger drive, 4tb but i can't leave it in the server. i can use it for the rotation, assuming it will work with my parity 3tb)

2) i can make spare space on my server in size of 4tb,- move 3tb data there, reformat 3tb drive, move data back, move other data to 4tb spare space, reformat the drives, etc.

- is there any down side to this method? 

i'm actually prefer option 2), because i can convert even faster - i can move data from 4x1tb drives to the spare 4tb i have, and format 4 drives at ones, no need to do rotation...

if you say its Ok to do it this way, i'll go for it, unless you say its a bay idea, and i must only go with option 1....

Thank you very much for support!

I'm not quite sure I understand your options, but the bottom line is that a disk needs to be cleaned off before you reformat to XFS.  Formatting is destructive and will wipe out anything left on the disk.  It doesn't matter where you put the data in the meantime - new disk, elsewhere in the array if there is capacity, external backup, etc.

11 hours ago, tdallen said:

I'm not quite sure I understand your options, but the bottom line is that a disk needs to be cleaned off before you reformat to XFS.  Formatting is destructive and will wipe out anything left on the disk.  It doesn't matter where you put the data in the meantime - new disk, elsewhere in the array if there is capacity, external backup, etc.

Hi,

first option is what johnnie.black said

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Second is putting data elsewhere 

i opted for for second option for now as I don’t really have spare 3tb drive , and I don’t really want to invest in one as I’m planing to upgrade sometime in the near future to huge drives - like 6tb or 8tb, but not right now, so, second option for now.

thank you very much for your support!

It worked!

Thanks!

On 9/25/2017 at 8:25 PM, johnnie.black said:

Sep 13 04:41:10 Tower shfs/user0: err: shfs_setxattr: lsetxattr: user.org.netatalk.Metadata /mnt/disk1/. (95) Operation not supported

IIRC these errors are because reiserfs has issues with extend attributes, consider converting to xfs, IMO you should already have converted anyway.