[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

clowrym

I have published a few docker containers that I have been using & added for Unraid.

Repo Address

https://github.com/clowrym/docker-templates

Available Dockers:

MinecraftPE - powered By Nukkit

MineOS-Node - MineOS is a server front-end to ease managing Minecraft administrative tasks. Based on Hexparrots MineOS

Transmission_VPN - Docker container which runs Transmission torrent client with WebUI while connecting to OpenVPN. It also will update the open port every hour for those using PIA only as their provider. Based on Haugene's Currently the Container is set up for PIA with all the available OpenVPN configs listed as defaults. If your provider is someone else then the defaults need to be changed to the appropriate OpenVPN config names found here

Anyone having issues with Watch folder permission issues, please read this POST & this POST

Plex Discord Bot - A Discord bot that allows you to search, play, and queue music from your Plex Media Server.

I haven't Created any of these apps, Merely created the Docker templates.

Edited by clowrym
added link to post regarding the watch folder permsissions
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, WhiteNoseThunderPants said:

@clowrym, what is different about your MineOS-Node container from Hexparrots?

Nothing anymore, when I originally created it was before hexparrot had set up his automatic build on his docker, His docker was months behind git..... so I wanted my own to ensure it was always updated. But a few months ago he finally connected his github & dockerhub accounts so its all automated. 

Edited by clowrym
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/22/2017 at 12:05 PM, clowrym said:

Nothing anymore, when I originally created it was before hexparrot had set up his automatic build on his docker, His docker was months behind git..... so I wanted my own to ensure it was always updated. But a few months ago he finally connected his github & dockerhub accounts so its all automated. 

Is this still the case? I just installed the hexparrot container and the mineos node build was from May 30th. It also lists "not available" under updates for the container.

On 10/30/2017 at 10:47 PM, rjorgenson said:

Is this still the case? I just installed the hexparrot container and the mineos node build was from May 30th. It also lists "not available" under updates for the container.

Hexparrot's directly, or mine? Both should be up to date.... His Latest update for his automated container was 13 days ago, mine earlier today.

3 minutes ago, clowrym said:

Hexparrot's directly, or mine? Both should be up to date.... His Latest update for his automated container was 13 days ago, mine earlier today.

I'm currently using hexparrot's image from atribe's repository and the mineos-node build inside of it shows the latest commit version it is on as May 30th. It also has some weird update issues. Before today it said "not available" under updates. And today it says update ready but continues to say that even after updating the container in the UI. Same result of commit as well. I installed your version and did get the latest version of mineos-node, I originally went with hexparrots because I didn't need the dynmap stuff, but i'd much rather get software updates as well =] I have a thread open in atribe's thread regarding his container as well. Thanks.

28 minutes ago, rjorgenson said:

I'm currently using hexparrot's image from atribe's repository and the mineos-node build inside of it shows the latest commit version it is on as May 30th. It also has some weird update issues. Before today it said "not available" under updates. And today it says update ready but continues to say that even after updating the container in the UI. Same result of commit as well. I installed your version and did get the latest version of mineos-node, I originally went with hexparrots because I didn't need the dynmap stuff, but i'd much rather get software updates as well =] I have a thread open in atribe's thread regarding his container as well. Thanks.

If you switch to mine, you will have the latest updates. For the update issue,  so if you remove the :node-jessie from the repository should fix that issue. to be honest, removing : node-jessie may also fix your old build issue..... to be honest, I'm surprised it works since I dont see a :node-jesse tag in hexparrots repository

I already deleted the container from atribe, but it was all default settings with the exception of the password after switching over to your container. You're right though the only reference I could find to "node-jessie" was the documentation on this github page - https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-docker - but I couldn't find anything indicating this repo was actually used for the builds. The dockerhub page indicates this repo - https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node - is the source repo. It does appear the docker file was migrated to there not too long ago though, and the build history of the docker hub page only shows builds going back that far. It seems atribe's config was for a previous build setup of mineos-node.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update crashes on session join with following error.

ALERT] com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated string at line 1 column 236 path $.[0]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:829)

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:779)

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:728)

at cn.nukkit.network.protocol.LoginPacket.decodeChainData(LoginPacket.java:56)

at cn.nukkit.network.protocol.LoginPacket.decode(LoginPacket.java:42)

at cn.nukkit.network.Network.processBatch(Network.java:154)

at cn.nukkit.Player.handleDataPacket(Player.java:1985)

at cn.nukkit.network.RakNetInterface.handleEncapsulated(RakNetInterface.java:157)

at cn.nukkit.raknet.server.ServerHandler.handlePacket(ServerHandler.java:132)

at cn.nukkit.network.RakNetInterface.process(RakNetInterface.java:66)

at cn.nukkit.network.Network.processInterfaces(Network.java:76)

at cn.nukkit.Server.tick(Server.java:998)

at cn.nukkit.Server.tickProcessor(Server.java:801)

at cn.nukkit.Server.start(Server.java:780)

at cn.nukkit.Server.<init>(Server.java:471)

at cn.nukkit.Nukkit.main(Nukkit.java:99)

Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated string at line 1 column 236 path $.[0]

at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1573)

at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextQuotedValue(JsonReader.java:1031)

at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextString(JsonReader.java:827)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$13.read(TypeAdapters.java:360)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$13.read(TypeAdapters.java:348)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:40)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:81)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:60)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:40)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.MapTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(MapTypeAdapterFactory.java:187)

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.MapTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(MapTypeAdapterFactory.java:145)

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:814)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 1:41 PM, clowrym said:

are you running ant Nukkit plugin's? i have no issues with the latest build....

I was running activ's transmission vpn docker but since he is no longer updating it I am trying to switch to this one.  But for some reason I cannot get this one to work at all.  Couple of questions:

1. I don't want a username and password to access transmission and it looks like yours is trying to force me to use it.  How can I get around this?

2. I am entering the following for directories: data - /mnt/cache/Apps/transmission/, download - /mnt/cache/Apps/downloads/, watch - /mnt/cache/Apps/downloads/watch, config - /mnt/user/Apps/transmission/transmission-vpn

Here is my log:

[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Transmission 2.92 (14714) started (session.c:738)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] RPC Server Adding address to whitelist: 127.0.0.1 (rpc-server.c:903)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] RPC Server Serving RPC and Web requests on port 127.0.0.1:9091/transmission/ (rpc-server.c:1110)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] RPC Server Password required (rpc-server.c:1117)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Port Forwarding Stopped (port-forwarding.c:180)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] DHT Generating new id (tr-dht.c:311)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Using settings from "/data/transmission-home" (daemon.c:528)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Saved "/data/transmission-home/settings.json" (variant.c:1266)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] transmission-daemon requiring authentication (daemon.c:554)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Watching "/data/watch" for new .torrent files (daemon.c:573)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] watchdir:inotify Failed to setup watchdir "/data/watch": No such file or directory (2) (watchdir-inotify.c:176)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:24:32.540] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:24:42.540] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:24:52.540] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:25:02.541] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:25:12.541] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:25:16.541] DHT Attempting bootstrap from dht.transmissionbt.com (tr-dht.c:249)
[2017-12-02 03:25:22.541] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)

Why is it looking in data for watch folder? I am using PureVPN with Netherlands...  Thanks for the help

1 hour ago, slikone27 said:

I was running activ's transmission vpn docker but since he is no longer updating it I am trying to switch to this one.  But for some reason I cannot get this one to work at all.  Couple of questions:

1. I don't want a username and password to access transmission and it looks like yours is trying to force me to use it.  How can I get around this?

2. I am entering the following for directories: data - /mnt/cache/Apps/transmission/, download - /mnt/cache/Apps/downloads/, watch - /mnt/cache/Apps/downloads/watch, config - /mnt/user/Apps/transmission/transmission-vpn

Here is my log:

[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Transmission 2.92 (14714) started (session.c:738)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] RPC Server Adding address to whitelist: 127.0.0.1 (rpc-server.c:903)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] RPC Server Serving RPC and Web requests on port 127.0.0.1:9091/transmission/ (rpc-server.c:1110)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] RPC Server Password required (rpc-server.c:1117)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Port Forwarding Stopped (port-forwarding.c:180)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] DHT Generating new id (tr-dht.c:311)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Using settings from "/data/transmission-home" (daemon.c:528)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Saved "/data/transmission-home/settings.json" (variant.c:1266)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] transmission-daemon requiring authentication (daemon.c:554)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] Watching "/data/watch" for new .torrent files (daemon.c:573)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] watchdir:inotify Failed to setup watchdir "/data/watch": No such file or directory (2) (watchdir-inotify.c:176)
[2017-12-02 03:24:22.540] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:24:32.540] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:24:42.540] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:24:52.540] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:25:02.541] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:25:12.541] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)
[2017-12-02 03:25:16.541] DHT Attempting bootstrap from dht.transmissionbt.com (tr-dht.c:249)
[2017-12-02 03:25:22.541] watchdir Failed to open directory "/data/watch" (2): No such file or directory (watchdir.c:354)

Why is it looking in data for watch folder? I am using PureVPN with Netherlands...  Thanks for the help

ok so i figured out 1 issue and it looks like i got the connection working however...

I have to manually configure all the directory vars because it always uses /data - why not use /download or give us the option easily?

I need to add 2 local networks because I have a local and vpn network I need to connect to.  I tried both x.x.x.x/24,x.x.x.x/24 and with a space instead of a comma.  In activ's docker I could use a comma and get both networks in.  Is there any way to do this with this docker?

Thanks!

I believe this docker requires the data folder, i was not able to get it working without. 

I have the same VPN setup for access from work, but i was not able to add the second network into the docker template,  you have 2 option here, you can run a second docker as a proxy (i believe this is detailed on the git pages), or in my case i have a script set up to run on reboot that adds the second network:

adjust the network address (10.1.0.0/24) to suit your network

#!/bin/bash
echo adding 10.1.0.0/25 LAN_NETWORK
docker exec Transmission_VPN /bin/sh -c "/sbin/ip r a 10.1.0.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0"
echo Netowrk added
exit

On another note, I had pureVPN previously, but because their certs were outdated, it would not work with the latest version of openVPN...... I'm not sure if they have updated their certs, so if you get authentication errors, that may be the issue.....any support requests i posted they stated they would update them in the future, that was about 6 months ago.

1 minute ago, clowrym said:

On another note, I had pureVPN previously, but because their certs were outdated, it would not work with the latest version of openVPN...... I'm not sure if they have updated their certs, so if you get authentication errors, that may be the issue.....any support requests i posted they stated they would update them in the future, that was about 6 months ago.

Thanks... Last night I ended up moving my vpn to 192.168.255.x so I could use 192.168.0.0/16 as the local lan and that fixed it (forgot to respond)...

I am using PureVPN because I have lifetime subscription and didn't renew my PIA.  I got it working by deleting the config field with the dropdown server values and recreating it with the opvn netherlands1 filename without the extension.  That seems to make connection but I do get warnings in the docker logs about the certs.  At least I am assuming I am still connected from everything I can see in the logs.  If I wasn't connected it would kill the connection completely and I wouldn't be able to access the interface correct?

in my initial post above, there is a note and a link to the openvpn config files/names for each provider, If you arent using PIA then you need to change the values to suit the provider per the names under your provider at the link for pureVPN these names :

https://github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn/tree/master/openvpn/purevpn

you can add then to the drop down in this format:

belgium-tcp|belgium-udp|bulgaria-tcp|etc.....

I added all the PIA ones as default for easy switching, but if you dont need to switch ever, then just add the ones you like!!

Edited by clowrym
On 12/2/2017 at 12:00 PM, clowrym said:

in my initial post above, there is a note and a link to the openvpn config files/names for each provider, If you arent using PIA then you need to change the values to suit the provider per the names under your provider at the link for pureVPN these names :

https://github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn/tree/master/openvpn/purevpn

you can add then to the drop down in this format:

belgium-tcp|belgium-udp|bulgaria-tcp|etc.....

I added all the PIA ones as default for easy switching, but if you dont need to switch ever, then just add the ones you like!!

Ah... Where do I edit the drop down options?  I just deleted the whole field and re-added it so I could just type in the value.

I got the Transmission VPN working with my service, VPN.AC, eventually.  It took some fiddling but it's connecting.  Currently trying to decipher these hard coded paths which is doing my head in.

But the one piece that's causing problem is the Port.  It says "closed".  What ports do you have in the Transmission Listening Port value?  What related ports did you add for the Container/Docker and your firewall?

13 minutes ago, dalben said:

I got the Transmission VPN working with my service, VPN.AC

14 minutes ago, dalben said:

But the one piece that's causing problem is the Port.  It says "closed". 

https://vpn.ac/faq

Last entry, no port forwarding with your provider.

You will need a subscription to a provider that will forward a port for torrents to work decently, or sometimes at all. PIA using the nl endpoint is a good option.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:01 AM, jonathanm said:

https://vpn.ac/faq

Last entry, no port forwarding with your provider.

You will need a subscription to a provider that will forward a port for torrents to work decently, or sometimes at all. PIA using the nl endpoint is a good option.

Thanks!

OK. that explains it all.  Let me ask vpn.ac if there is a way around this.  I can download torrents fine but i'm hardly uploading anything at all.  Not good for my ratio.