i3-3220T iGPU QuickSync - HP G8 MS

Uirel

I've been looking at my current HP Gen8 MS and pondering if i could get it to do HW transcoding.

As i understand it the i3-3220T has an iGPU supporting quicksync ( https://ark.intel.com/products/65694/Intel-Core-i3-3220T-Processor-3M-Cache-2_80-GHz ) the method i've read about in other threads being to modprobe i915 and then check that /dev/dri has appeared? Sadly it has not so i'm unsure if the iGPU is not supported, QuickSync != QuickSync in all cases or whats occurred.

Am i barking up the wrong tree and the iGPU isn't supported in the fashion i think it is or should ti be and i'm missing something?

In my attempts to troubleshoot this i've gone through the BIOS to ensure that both the embded (Matrox) and optional (which i assume is the iGPU) are enabled as secondary/primary. I understand disabling the Matrox will make iLO Remote not function correctly so i've left it on for now.

Has anyone got a 3xxx series iGPU to be presented as a useable encoder/decoder in UNraid in a HP Gen8 MS i guess this boils down too?

Thanks

-Uirel