Is there any way to test a cpu socket for bent pins ?

Hi

I have got a server motherboard with some cpu pins bent.

At first the motherboard didn't fire up but after some work realigning pins I got it working.

Now my question is:

Is reliable this motherboard?
Is there any way to test if all the pins are well realigned or simply a motherboard+cpu with any pin that is bent and doesn't touch the cpu will not start?

Thankyou
Gus

Edited by zzgus

Interesting question. Generally there are a very few bent pins, and a little micro surgery to get them aligned does the trick. You have high confidence in the other pins. But if you had wholesale bent pins, it could be iffy to know if single unused pin (in your configuration) is still bent.

Do a search. There appears to be an Intel CPU diagnostic that you can download. That might did the trick.

4 hours ago, bjp999 said:

Interesting question. Generally there are a very few bent pins, and a little micro surgery to get them aligned does the trick. You have high confidence in the other pins. But if you had wholesale bent pins, it could be iffy to know if single unused pin (in your configuration) is still bent.

Do a search. There appears to be an Intel CPU diagnostic that you can download. That might did the trick.

I have found this:

The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005567.html

Let's try it.

Thankyou
Gus