[Support] Malfurious - Roundcube-Postfixadmin

Support for Roundcube-Postfixadmin docker container

Application Name: Roundcube Webmail & Postfixadmin
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/malfurious/roundcube-postfixadmin/
Github: https://github.com/Malfurious/roundcube-postfixadmin

Description: Roundcube Webmail + Plugins & Postfixadmin Webgui for email account administration.

Note: This docker is meant to be a companion to my Mailserver docker, linked here.

There is a step-by-step guide on how to set this up on GitHub. 

Post any questions, issues, or comments relating to this docker in this thread.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

In Step 1, is the IP address the external ip address or the local ip address?

Thanks,

Kamhighway

1. Set required Environment Variables.

After looking at the above tabe, set variables as required.
If running manually, be sure to add this extra parameter: --add-host mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Replace 'mail.domain.com' with your MAIL_HOST, and the 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' with your MAIL_HOST's IP Address.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please forgive me if I ask stupid questions but I am new to unraid. Testing it out to just not to see if I can transfer over from my synology nas.

I'm a little confused about the order I should be doing things.

So I have installed linuxserver/mariadb and linuxserver/letsencrypt - configured for my stuff and its reverse proxing everything to subdomains

I followed https://github.com/Malfurious/mailserver/wiki/Reverse-Proxy-Configuration and edited the default config and added a dns record with my provider for webmail.foodomain.com - should I be generating a cert for this subdomain? I did not do the Mailserver SSL Cert Configuration part as I dont know where to put it and its what led me to thinking I was doing things in the wrong order as the mail server is not installed yet

I am then trying to install your mailfurious mailserver and after that I should install mailfurious roundcube postfix admin? 

Well this is what I am trying to do and I am getting this error whenj installing the mailserver

-v "/mnt/user/appdata/malfurious-mailserver/":"/var/mail":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/malfurious-mailserver/redis":"/data":rw -v "":"/etc/letsencrypt":rw malfurious/mailserver
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Invalid volume spec ":/etc/letsencrypt:rw": Invalid volume specification: ':/etc/letsencrypt:rw'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

I have left everything as default and the fields without defaults i have

Mail Server Hostname : mail.foodomain.com

MySQL Postfix Password: password for my mariadb

MySQL Host: mysql.foodomain.com (have registered this host alias with my router)

RSPAMD Password: made up a password

Mail Data Path:   now this is what I think I am getting wrong. I have tried the one hinted at of /var/mail, also tried /var/user/appdata/mailfurious-mailserver

I am probably being a dumbass but any help you can give would be ace!

Hope these ramblings make sense

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2017 at 1:46 AM, kamhighway said:

Not sure what to make of this error in the logs?

[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !

Does the container have its own IP and an embedded DNS server?

On 12/14/2017 at 5:14 PM, Gonesolo said:

Any luck with the error

[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !

which kamhighway reported? I am also having a similar issue on a new unraid install.

If I disable networking the docker will run but obviously thats no use

but using either Host or bridge networking I get this error

Hi,

Try this: 

• 2 weeks later...

No matter what I plugin to the MAIL_HOST field, I get the below error when trying to install.  What am I missing?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'MYSQL_HOST'='192.168.2.10' -e 'ROUND_USER'='roundcube' -e 'ROUND_PASS'='***' -e 'ROUND_DB'='roundcube' -e 'POST_USER'='postfix' -e 'POST_PASS'='***' -e 'POST_DB'='postfix' -e 'MAIL_HOST'='mail.***.com' -e 'ENABLE_IMAPS'='true' -e 'ENABLE_SMTPS'='true' -e 'DISABLE_INSTALLER'='false' -e 'ROUNDCUBE_PORT'='8888' -e 'POSTFIX_PORT'='8080' -e 'PASS_CRYPT'='' -p '8888:8888/tcp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin':'/enigma':'rw' --add-host mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 'malfurious/roundcube-postfixadmin' 
invalid argument "mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" for --add-host: invalid IP address in add-host: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

• 4 months later...
On 8/14/2018 at 7:23 PM, chiaramontef said:

No matter what I plugin to the MAIL_HOST field, I get the below error when trying to install.  What am I missing?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'MYSQL_HOST'='192.168.2.10' -e 'ROUND_USER'='roundcube' -e 'ROUND_PASS'='***' -e 'ROUND_DB'='roundcube' -e 'POST_USER'='postfix' -e 'POST_PASS'='***' -e 'POST_DB'='postfix' -e 'MAIL_HOST'='mail.***.com' -e 'ENABLE_IMAPS'='true' -e 'ENABLE_SMTPS'='true' -e 'DISABLE_INSTALLER'='false' -e 'ROUNDCUBE_PORT'='8888' -e 'POSTFIX_PORT'='8080' -e 'PASS_CRYPT'='' -p '8888:8888/tcp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin':'/enigma':'rw' --add-host mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 'malfurious/roundcube-postfixadmin' 
invalid argument "mail.domain.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" for --add-host: invalid IP address in add-host: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Hey,

I got the same error and i solved it.
Change to Advanced View in the Docker settings and then edit the Extra Parameters. This helped me.

But I got another problem now. When I started the postfixadmin setup (http://myip:8080/setup.php) I got the following error:
grafik.png.caeec64f2b790b92f9e57ff0c9cf09ba.png

Can someone help me with that?

• 2 years later...

I am allso getting the same error as above.  My ip address for unraid is 192.168.1.17 and in the debug it is showing a different IP

Error: Can't connect to database
Please edit the $CONF['database_*'] parameters in config.local.php.

DEBUG INFORMATION:
Connect: Access denied for user 'postfix'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)

Where is it setting this from?