[Support] Malfurious - Mailserver

Support for Mailserver docker container

Application Name: Mailserver
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/malfurious/mailserver/
Github: https://github.com/Malfurious/mailserver

Description: A All-In-One Mailserver

Note: This docker is meant to be a companion to my roundcube-postfixadmin docker linked here.

There is a step-by-step guide on how to set this up on GitHub. 

Post any questions, issues, or comments relating to this docker in this thread.

Edited by Malfurious
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Similar problem here, but I have more information to track this down (I use my letsencrypt certificates from the linuxserver image as you described in the GitHub wiki):

My error message:

[INFO] Let's encrypt live directory found
[INFO] Using /etc/letsencrypt/live/mail.MYDOMAIN.net folder
[INFO] Found DKIM key pair for domain MYDOMAIN.net - skip creation
[INFO] MariaDB hostname not found in /etc/hosts
[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !

I think the problem lies in "run.sh" in either the the variable assignment or the added entry to /etc/hosts:

DBHOST=${MYSQL_HOST:-mariadb}
# Check mariadb hostname
grep -q "${DBHOST}" /etc/hosts

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
  echo "[INFO] MariaDB hostname not found in /etc/hosts"
  IP=$(dig A ${DBHOST} +short)
  if [ -n "$IP" ]; then
    echo "[INFO] Container IP found, adding a new record in /etc/hosts"
    echo "${IP} ${DBHOST}" >> /etc/hosts
  else
    echo "[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !"
    exit 1
  fi
else
  echo "[INFO] MariaDB hostname found in /etc/hosts"
fi

Since i don't know how to get into this container on startup and don't run a new instance on startup I'm stuck a little.

Can you investigate?

Improvement Idea: Also the template is missing the option for DBPORT, as for me all db's are running in separate containers with different ports.

EDIT:

Ok, found some more infos:

1. you can get the container to start and don't stop right away if you set the network option to "none" and then "docker exec -it malfiurios-mailserver sh" to get inside

2. the error message in /etc/hosts is 

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Debian <<>> A <MY-MYSQL-IP> +short
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached <MY-MYSQL-IP>

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Debian <<>> A 127.0.0.2 +short
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached 127.0.0.2

Since I read your readme all the way to the end (;-)) I found the hardware/mailserver GitHub and this issue there: https://github.com/hardware/mailserver/issues/150. Sadly the answer involves some config changes for docker-compose which we can't use on unraid.

The issue for your postfixadmin template here https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/60111-support-malfurious-roundcube-postfixadmin/?do=findComment&comment=608953 seems to be the same, so maybe we can solve both.

Edited by xxlbug
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/26/2017 at 1:34 AM, Brettv said:

Im having the same issue, would love to get this going, as I have wanted a home email solution for years!

On 12/19/2017 at 10:23 PM, xxlbug said:

Similar problem here, but I have more information to track this down (I use my letsencrypt certificates from the linuxserver image as you described in the GitHub wiki):

My error message:

[INFO] Let's encrypt live directory found
[INFO] Using /etc/letsencrypt/live/mail.MYDOMAIN.net folder
[INFO] Found DKIM key pair for domain MYDOMAIN.net - skip creation
[INFO] MariaDB hostname not found in /etc/hosts
[ERROR] Container IP not found with embedded DNS server... Abort !

Hi,

I just had the same problem but I solved it like this by adding my routers IP in /etc/resolv.conf and put it on the top:

# Generated DNSv4 entries:
nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 9.9.9.9

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

like many others I was excited by the prospect of running a mail server on unraid and disapointed to find this project abandonded.  I forked the mailfurious project and fixed the erroneous localhost address in `run.sh` https://github.com/BenGlasser/mailserver/commit/12113c3a832ef528f3ea5b37e7d40e5073a4c002#diff-d31ce0453051853c17ba2a5225b3d1bfab548e095bab0967d6acfd1b3ce1b35d

I've been able to get this running at least and was able to login to Rspamd.  beyond that I have no idea how well this works, I get a feeling this is going to be pretty stale.  If anyone is insterested in using the image with this fix you can grab it here `brglasser/mailserver:latest`

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the efforts everyone. I was a bit excited at the prospect but being a noob a linux I even struggle to understand the most basic of things. As such this is beyond me, presently. Such a shame to abandon a mail server, I would  L O V E  to host my own.

Following thread in hopes some champion with the skill-set can recompile a working unraid app for us plebs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, Malfurious said:

Apologies all for the lack of updates on this project. I'll be picking it back up and working on it again very soon. I shall update you all here once I have some news.

will you be working in the same repo?  I'd wouldn't mind picking up an issue or two if  you have any listed.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I got past the MariaDB Host error.  In the config I switched to advanced view and then added an extra parameter (--add-host mariadb:x.x.x.x) replacing the Ip with my UnRaid host IP.

Also for the MySQL host parameter I clicked edit and changed the key name to MariaDB and I entered the same IP - the UnRaid host IP for the value.

The log then showed that MariaDB was foundMariaDB hostname found in /etc/hosts.  It then showed errors for redis which I think is the same issue but will try that tomorrow.

Edited by RichMD