Show Starting/Stopping in GUI

itimpi

At the moment if you press the button to start or stop the array, the status at the bottom of the GUI does not change until the operation completes.   It would be nice if the moment you started trying to stop or start the array you were shown the intermediate “Starting” or “Stopping” status while the operation is in progress as it can take some time to complete.

I am saying that I would like the Green text to say “Array Starting” or red text to say “Array Stopping” while the actions indicated by the Blue text are occurring, and only change to “Started” or “Stopped” when the actions have completed.

Even with the current behaviour there is a slight inconsistency between the starting and stopping actions.    When you start the array the green text immediately changes to “Array Started” and the blue text indicates actions that are being carried out.   At this point the array is not yet ready for use until all the steps indicated by the blue text have successfully completed.   When you select to stop the array the green “Started” text remains present even though the actions to stop the array are being carried out.   It only changes to the red “Array Stopped” when they complete.

The above could all be considered as purely a cosmetic issue, but I still thought it worth mentioning as a slight tidying of the GUI.

Edited by itimpi
  • 2 weeks later...