Three 3 Character Search Limit?

Lev

Hi, I search 'TPM' and nothing, but can successfully find the thread with 'TPM Trusted Platform' because the OP was kind enough to spell out the acronym. Same example is true for other 3 character searches for 'NAS' and others.

Is it by design there seems to be a 3 character search limit?

Appreciate you both posting the "work-around" to the problem. I've been using that workaround as well, and it works well. Glad you posted it as it's a reminder to me and others who may stumble upon this simple post.

This is 'Forum Feedback' so that's my feedback. 

I really try to restrain myself for posting a solution, cause more important priorities elsewhere for the team, or that it has been thought of and mentioned and I'm simply the 100th person over the last few years to think it was an inspiration of genius... but ugh, here goes...If there's a way to simply replace the search bar script so that it performs the GET query to the google search syntax and provides google results, is that a way to make this work around a better solution to how it is now?

Low priority, seriously, I just never posted in this Forum Feedback section, so I'll shut up now and go back to thinking I know something in the other topics areas of the forum. xD

• 4 months later...

I use a bookmarklet, which allows you to highlight text on a webpage and it does a "site:lime-technology.com" with the highlighted text search at Google.com.
If no text is highlighted, a prompt appears, where you can enter a search. The it does the same search as above.
Bot methods open a new tab with the results from Google.com.

Just drag the javascript  to your bookmarks bar to add it. Rename it to "LimeTech Search" or something.

Alternatively, you can create a new bookmark on your bookmarks bar and copy the code below as its location:

javascript:q=""+(window.getSelection?window.getSelection():document.getSelection?document.getSelection():document.selection.createRange().text);if(!q)q=prompt("Search%20lime-technology.com%20[leave%20selection%20and%20box%20blank%20to%20list%20all%20pages]%20...").replace(/\s\+/g,"%252B");if(q!=null)window.open('http://www.google.com/search?q=%27+%27site:lime-technology.com+%27+q.replace(/\s+/g,%27+%27));void(0);

Edited by ICDeadPpl
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...